Thread: First Rituxan treatment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default First Rituxan treatment

Hi All,

I have my first rituxan treatment December 16th and have to return December 30th for the 2 week treatment. I know this has been asked but how do you feel afterwards? I want to be able to enjoy Christmas and New Year's Eve but don't know if all I will alright? How long before you feel okay? Is the fatigue so bad you have to stay in bed or can you go out after a treatment? Can someone ease my worries. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi scottgirl,

I've had several courses of rituximab since 2013. My only side effect is mild fatigue for 24-48 hours following the infusion. The fatigue is something I can deal with, and I don't let it interfere with other activities. It's by no means debilitating. I hope it doesn't get in the way of your holiday celebrations.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete is right. You should feel good enough to celebrate. They put a large dose of liquid steroids in my RTX infusion which gives me a boost right after. I was diagnosed six years ago. Hope you can get off Prednisone ASAP. It is your biggest problem long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk