Hi Shawn, sorry you had to join our "sick" but great family but glad you decided too. One of my first symtoms was an ear infection. My pcp kept putting me on different antibiotics and told me I have anxiety. Well I ended up in the hosp for 5 days with c-diff. And everywhere I go all I hear is that it is my anxiety, I personally believe that is all they can come up with since most drs. have no clue what wg is. I went to the er once with purple dots all over my legs and they told me I had poison ivy. I told them to google wg and you will see a pic of the same thing. I admit I have anxiety in fact due to all the ignorant drs. in my area. But back to you....I believe you need to be on prednisone ( although I also am not a medical dr.!!!! ) but I believe all of us are or at some point were.It is a necessary evil drug but as of the last 4 years that is the only thing I have been on. Also if you have been reading this forum for awhile. you should know about the Vasculitis foundation website. There you should be able to find an expert in the field and if you can not go to them , they should be willing to consult with your dr. Good luck in getting the proper care you need and you are not going crazy, This disease can pop up anywhere at anytime.One more thing since some mentioned the paleo diet...eating more healthy and excerise when you can will make you feel better since your gut has a lot to do with different things but as far as I know there is NO cure for this disease