Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trouble Breathing

As stated, I have been having trouble breathing. I've been wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and what they did or what was prescribed.
    It started out as a chronic cough that was due to post-nasal drip, then I eventually stopped coughing as much and it turned into having trouble breathing with very "dry" coughs (don't cough anything up most of the time) and wheezing. I've had CTs done and xrays (ER) and the trouble seems to be due to congestion in the airways, the lungs seem to be normal.
    I've been put on a nebulizer for some emergency treatment (didn't seem to help much), and was given an inhaler -- When I think about how inhalers magically make it easier for people to breath on Tv, it makes me scoff -- The inhaler has seemed to help a little, but it does not work right away, the relief does not last for 4 hours ( "Take every 4-6 hours as needed"), plus I constantly have to take it every 4 hours (no more than 4 times a day though) for it to have any effect - although I still struggle. It also took more than a few days before it had any effect, although that's better that no effect at all.
    Tonight was bad though. I started coughing a lot and getting mucus in my throat and my throat started getting congested. It got very hard for me to breath and felt like my throat had closed up on me. I used my "rescue" inhaler (after 4 hour were up - BS term, btw.), but that didn't seem to give me a lot of relief.

I want to know what anyone else with this problem has done? Any tips? Were you told to use an inhaler? What medication were you told to use for to help your breathing, and does it work?
    Last edited by B_in_Florida; 11-08-2016 at 07:45 PM.