User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pain Medication? It really hurts and I can't sleep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vdub -

I felt the same way! I was given celebrex by another doctor and it was working well. I asked rheumy to refill and he said no I couldn't take that. I think he's looking at the potential for bleeding ulcers, etc. It may be because of my age.

I felt the same way about the Pulmonologist too. Do you ever get the feeling that they're just not listening to you or seeing you? They're just rushing through the exam, making their notes, trying to pass you off to someone else? He was supposed to be following up on my case for the Pulmonologist who took care of me while I was in the hospital. He barely checked me over. He asked his staff to refer me to a dermatologist and then set an appointment for me to return to his office the next week to see the nurse practitioner. I will say though, his staff did a bang up job getting me an appointment with a dermatologist for the next day. After seeing my rheumy though, I chose to cancel it. I just don't want to deal with another doctor at this time. (or another doctor bill!)

The good news is the antiviral seems to be doing something very quickly. The rash seems to be lessening and the pain is a little better. I'm hopeful. I need to get back to my job as soon as I can.

Thanks for your thoughts. It's really good to know that there are folks who hear and understand.

-Becky

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Becky, I am sorry that you have to endure the shingles, the pain is really bad sometimes. It is a very good sign that the antiviral is working already. If it doesn't settle down after the antivirals are gone, you may need to take a second Rx, I hope not. I used a oatmeal bath to calm the burning down and also had to have stronger pain meds. I wish you all the best for getting them to go away quickly. Keep us informed on how things are going. Take good care of yourself!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's it going today Becky?
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rash seems to be doing as expected. Flu symptoms and fever are pretty much gone. Neuropathy in my hand still sucks, but I'm learning to do everything with my right hand that I used to do with my left okay so far. Even managed to get my hair up in a ponytail this morning. I felt pretty good about that.

Thanks for asking Gabby.

How are you doing? Enjoying those fall leaves still?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure am!
    Feeling better the last couple days... Easier breathing!

Here's a pic I took earlier today...

Hang in there!!
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12