Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Weird itchiness/burning sensations

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weird itchiness/burning sensations

Hey guys...know I've been lying low for a while. Had a question to see if anyont has had similar issues. I have recently started having odd itching and occasional burning sensations (probably 2-3 weeks now). It was so intense initially that I thought i may have shingles. But have never developed a rash at all. To all appearances there is nothing that should be causing the sensations.

Mostly happening on my legs, feet and arms. Occasional itchy spots on torso, but pretty random andl maybe not related. It is not always the same spots either. might be thigh one day and a foot a day later.

Just curious if anyone else has had similar issues? . Thought maybe some neuropathy, but the arms is confusing me on that. There is some small loss of sensation in my feet and hands on occasion too.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wegs can cause various skin issues including itching, lesions,and increase the risk for other skin problems. Much of relates to dry skin as a result of the Wegs and meds for it. I have a type of keratosis that requires monitoring by dermatologists. Neuropathy can also appear in various places but usually shows up in the extremities first. My feet were hit first but lately it started in my fingers and one often feels like it is very hot like almost burning.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks drz. Hope things are well for you.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob,

I was dx'd with a form of neuropathy called small fiber neuropathy. It is damage to the small nerve fibers just beneath the derma of the skin. The neurologist said it can be related to the Wegs and that it effects sensation of the skin. I have it in my feet, hands, arms and on the right side of my face. Being that it is under the derma it could effect everywhere. I do itch a lot of places on my body. I suggest you have a neurologist do a punch biopsy to find out if it might be that you have it. The treatment is to keep your Wegs under control and she also gave me an anti-depressant, that is used to treat the pain and neurotin ( which I can't take). Wishing you all the best to find out whats going on. Keep in touch and take care of yourself.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!