User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whats ghe highest dosage of prednisone you've been on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default whats ghe highest dosage of prednisone you've been on?

I made a post on the general chat and mentioned i was "only" on 100mg of prednisone. To me that is a very small dose, when i was first admitted a year ago they had me on 1250mg of IV prednisone for 5 days. Just wondering if anyone else has been on that high dosage or higher.

Just a FYI because of the high dosage I got avascular necrosis in both of my knees. Ive been bed ridden for over a year and anytime I had to go out I had to use my wheelchair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on 60 mg for 6 weeks. I'm on 40 mg now. I can't imagine over 1000!! how did you feel?
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gab122 View Post
    I was on 60 mg for 6 weeks. I'm on 40 mg now. I can't imagine over 1000!! how did you feel?
    Wild wild mood swings, i had no control and got very angry at the littleist annoyences. My mom had to leave the room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been a little less patient with my daughter latest. It must be the pred 😒

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most I was ever on was 60. I ate like a horse!! Since I was fairly newly retired, I didn't have much in the way of external stressors, so I was generally pretty mellow -- just hungry all.the.time!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on 80 mg when first diagnosed for a short time. Now I sometimes go up to 60 mg when needed for pain. I taper after 2 days of no pain. It is a miracle drug for me but I really hate what it can do to the body. I can't imagine 1000+.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on 60mg initially.

Without a pituitary and, therefore, no adrenal function, I have to have stress doses of steroids when encountering either mental or physical trauma that is out of the norm, such as surgery. Since, getting wegs, I have had 6 surgeries. They gave me stress doses of steroids for each time. I believe the stress dose was 300 mg, but that was solucortef, i.e. hydrocortisone. Hydrocortisone is about 1/4 the potency of prednisone, so, in effect, it would have been 75mg of pred per day.

I goggled the max pred dosage (I'm sure you did, too) and couldn't fine anything definitive. Both the 100mg and 1250mg seem incredibly high. I could believe the 100mg, but even it seems high. You don't say if the 1250mg was per day or for the entire 5 day period. IF the 1250mg was for the entire 5 day period AND IF the IV was solucortef (soluble hydrocortisone) then the equivalent prednisone doage per day would be about 60mg and that would be totally believable. Could you check the medical records again and make sure of what they gave you? 1250mg/day of pred seems a bit insane, but I'm not a doctor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really thought I was given 1200mg but i. must have miss heard. I had massive blood loss. (he just drained about 750ml of blood from my lungs the night before) and my kidneys were failing. He may have said a steroid and I just assumed that it was prednisone. It took me about 1.5hrs to finish the bag of steroid and i was given the same meds for 5 days.

I'm in the hospital till Monday, just had my first relapse, and I'm 100% that I'm on 100mg of prednisone right now. I will be seeing one of my doctor's tomorrow and I will ask what I was on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im on my tablet and I can't edit my own thread but i did find people who were on the same dose of methyl prednisone so I am pretty sure that's what I was on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on 100mg for the first 4-5 days in hospital, when first diagnosed, then to 80mg for about 4-5 days then down to 60mg.

Regards Woz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast