Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throat Ulcers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cutehair2013 View Post
    They both do not want to give me rituxuimab as I am still working full time and they do not feel I will be able to handle the treatment and remain at work.
    I've been working full-time (40 hours a week) all along, even through 12 RTX infusions. I have the infusion on Thursday, take off Friday, crash through the weekend, and come back to work on Monday as good as new. I have, on occasion, went back to work on Friday after a Thursday infusion when I have had a huge event here at work that I needed to be on-hand to help with equipment support. That wasn't all that bad really. Saturday and Sunday seem to be my crash days after a Thursday infusion.

So, you MIGHT be able to keep working when on RTX. Sure beats the other side effects that you've been having.

Hope things get better for you!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Mike G. I think a day or two off is all you might need after an infusion and infusions aren't that frequently through out a whole year. I had my first 2 in Aug and my next is in Dec. I think I'll be getting 4-6 per year at most so it may not be affecting your work too much if you got Rituxan. Something to consider.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure my PM got thru: Lysine helps w/ mouth ulcers - might it help here? Terribly cheap. Can't hurt.

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12