Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A New Beginning

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A New Beginning

On October 4th, I will be starting the Kaiser Medical Weight Management Program/Optifast. It is a medically monitored liquid/bar, strict limited calorie diet. It seems incredibly drastic and some people balk but ... I do need to do something and I want my doctor involved. I am incredibly motivated and excited for this. I've started a new blog about it, so that I can document my journey and hopefully be an inspiration to other people.
    The blog can be found here ...

My Life: A ReBoot.

Come on over and check it out! I am excited because I feel some of the ol' symptoms trickling back in. They are small at this point but I am fearful if I don't get ahold of this, I'll be headed down another prednisone road trip and it will only get worse from here.

I hope everyone is doing well!!!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck! Losing weight is such a pita....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking forward to following your journey.

My daughter was using optifast for a few weeks when she had her wisdom teeth out. They made her quite sick, the shakes not the wisdom teeth.
    We have so many shakes here that if you lived closer I would give them all to do.

I hope they work for you and I also look forward to offering you any encouragement you need.
    You can do this
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best wishes with the program I am on Nutrisystem myself and was doing really well until I had a flare and started 60mg prednisone again. On the prednisone taper now and still working on the weight loss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wishing you all the best with your weight loss journey!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck with the weight loss. I'm also trying (correction I'm not just trying, I am succeeding) to lose weight. Although I'm under the allowed BMI for kidney transplant, I'm just above the upper limits of ideal range. I'm aiming for close to ideal as possible. I'm not trying anything fancy, just recording everything I eat and doing the old fashioned method of calorie counting. I've only lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks, but my diet and exercise regime is fairly easy and I know I can stick to it.
    My dietitian agreed that my diet was exceptionally healthy, but even healthy food will put on weight with my generous portion size. That's why it's been fairly easy for me - no changes in diet except portion size and all in between snacks are healthy.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm rooting for you Nicole! I've got a good amount to lose myself. I had lost 22 lbs on Weight Watchers before I got sick in May... Now on high pred I've gained about 15 back.
    The right program is the one that works for YOU!

Wishing you the best!
    Gab
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really need to lose some weight, too. I know what things I need to eat and drink less of, what I need more of, that I should eat more small meals instead of a few big ones, that I should chew my food slowly and not take another bite until the first is swallowed, and that I need to get more exercise! I'm being treated for anemia and an inflamed esophagus due to acid reflux. So getting lots of leafy greens, which is good, and some red meat, which I should be careful of, and some ground turkey, tofu, and eggs. Anyway, I like the solidarity of knowing that others are working on this, too.... For me, it's not high pred. I usually gain weight in the winter, and that's coming right up, so time to make some plans!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011