Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Story - MikeG2012 in an ad campaign

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike ,great video.You are a great ambassador for this disease.Hope you are able to get out and hug a curve on your bike.Good luck,Keith.
    "You can tame anything,except the human tongue"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent work, Mike, you have really made a contribution by doing this. Great to hear your voice, too! And your endorsement of the Monroe Clinic will mean a lot to anyone in your area and beyond.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You did a wonderful job Mike! Great to hear a positive story. You and your wife look very happy. ps. love your dogs...We have a 6 year old Golden. They really are the best therapy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So nice to see you Mike such a wonderful video with an important info, clear & helpful. You are blessed with special team of docs who treat you in the best way possible. Thanks for sharing ♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow you have such a great voice, to tell your story with. Thank you for doing what you are doing, for the awareness of Vasculitis, you could be very instrumental in saving others lives. The video was one of the best that have seen. The Bill board will also be fantastic, with you and your wife on your bike. Keep up the good work! Stay well!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    Wow you have such a great voice, to tell your story with. Thank you for doing what you are doing, for the awareness of Vasculitis, you could be very instrumental in saving others lives. The video was one of the best that have seen. The Bill board will also be fantastic, with you and your wife on your bike. Keep up the good work! Stay well!
    If the billboard does come to fruition, I'll definitely take a photo by it and show it to my friends here.

Thanks for the enthusiastic and kind words Jana!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Longing for a team approach!

Mike -

Your story is so inspiring. After just being diagnosed in August, I am now working with a number of doctors who don't appear to be communicating at all. Though they are in the same hospital system and share my records they do not take a team approach to my care. Just saw my rheumy yesterday for the second time. My first visit lasted about 5 minutes. The second, I took my daughter with me, and it lasted longer. We had a long list of questions for him and made him sit there and talk to us. So he informs me that he is treating my WEGS. Ok. So I said, do I call you with any symptoms about a flare up? He said yes. So why do I need a primary care doc? He can't be my primary care doc because he doesn't have time. So can I get a flu shot and a pneumonia shot? Sure, he says, but we should wait till later in flu season to get it. Again, so why do I need a primary care doc?

So my daughter and I asked him if he would be interested in consulting with one of the groups around the country that are working with a lot of WEGS patients and he seemed offended stating that we really didn't need a second opinion because I was a classic case, but "do what you need to do''. It wasn't very encouraging. He was so defensive. We weren't discounting his knowledge, just suggesting other voices and opinions could be helpful.

Believe me, I know that I'm lucky they found my WEGS early, but I don't want to discount or have my doctors discount the seriousness of the disease. I am so glad and encouraged to hear that your doctors all sat in a room together and talked with you. I could definitely do with some "new-age science old-fashioned, bedside manner" and I'd appreciate a little more empathy to counsel me through this major life change.

Hope I can find a team like yours.

Anybody understand what I'm talking about here?

Sorry for the rant, but thanks again Mike for sharing your story!

-Becky
    Last edited by blm; 09-23-2016 at 12:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ranting is good, bet you felt better...can they bottle 'rant effects'? What! Teaming up is important, especially to this disease, but would work for many more. I would consider consulting on my own if your doc won't. You may have copies of your records at any time to show another doc. Don't know if you're close to any research & medicine hospitals, but they seem to have the best team systems...I had a team at Mayo before I knew I was on a team! Keep at it, maybe your doc will eventually agree or at least work with you. Best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an amazing, inspiring video Mike......Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like you have finally found a wonderful team!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blm View Post
    Mike -

Your story is so inspiring. Hope I can find a team like yours.

Sorry for the rant, but thanks again Mike for sharing your story!

-Becky
    Sorry to hear you aren't really happy with your rheumy Becky. Is there another system near you where you can make an appointment with the rheumy there and "interview" him/her? Is there a Vasculitis Research center near you? Might be worth the drive...

Thanks, and I'll keep up the awareness campaign! (-8
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast