Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Saddle nose developing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Saddle nose developing?

I thought I'd thankfully missed out on that symptom/sign since I had started treatment without it ... But just noticed this morning that I think it's happening. It seems to show most from a side angle...

Is it possible for that to develop after startling treatment with pred and ritux?
    I have had nasal symptoms (mucous/ a little blood/ a bit of scabs) despite treatment.

Here's s pic. Is this saddle nose? can it be stopped?

Gab
    Last edited by Gab122; 09-28-2016 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Took out nose pic. Didn't like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was first dx'ed with wegs, I thought every bump on my nose was the beginning of a saddle, but it never happened. I think you have to have really serious nose issues before you get a saddle. I'm guessing you are ok, but only time will tell.

When you have wegs, we tend to think every problem we have is wegs related. Having wegs doesn't make us immune from all other life problems, to include, surprisingly, old age. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thk you Vdub - as the day wore on and I asked other people, no one else saw anything diff about my nose. I suspect you could be correct. 😏

I have had constant post nasal drip despite allergy meds and every day I have a little blood or scab when I blow my nose. I never was like that before this year so it might be wegs related but it's definately not severe.

I also suspect that the pred is making me a little nuts with anxiety about everything. And tomorrow I have a kidney biopsy to determine if the mass is truly an Angiomyolipoma. Lots of stress.

So I appreciate your vote for it probably being nothing. 😊👍

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gab,you have a lot going on right now.Maybe getting your ENT to have a look see,when you get a chance would give you some piece of mind.It may just be allergies,but better safe than sorry.Good luck on your kidney biopsy.Take care,Keith.
    "You can tame anything,except the human tongue"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx Keith, I sent message to my Rheum dr. yesterday. I'm seeing her 10/5. So I'll have her take a look. Thx for the well wishes on tomorrow's biopsy. It'll be a long wait for results. But Shd be fine.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My nose has holes in the septum that are like Swiss cheese. That makes my nose have the saddle. I am with everyone else, have a GOOD ENT check you out and have him do a scope to make sure that you do not have serious sinus and/or nose involvement too.

Take care!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx Mike!

I had a local ent prior to my GPA dx but since then I have GPA experts in RA, pulm, allergy, ear, eye, kidney, and urology. Guess I need a nose dr. who specializes in GPA too now. 🤔

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just find a good one that will do regular scoping and keep an eye on the progression of the disease in your nose. That is the most important part. If they won't look up your nose regularly, then find another ENT!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any good ENT can see if your septum is becoming perforated and the condition of your sinuses. The pic doesn't look like saddle nose to me, but I don't know the look of your nose, and if you are noticing changes I suppose it is possible. I'd go with vdub's, Mike's, and Keith's points of view.

Mine seemed to happen all at once, with no pain or other forewarning. Others seem to have it happen gradually, with accompanying pain. I hope you don't have it. The fact you are getting good and reasonably early treatment is in your favor. Though it probably can still happen if the process is already underway. Mine happened after 2.5 years of no diagnosis and only treatment for sinus infections with antibiotics and pred. Get it checked out and let us know.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gab, it doesnt look like a saddle nose. You can see in my albums inside my profile, not one but 2 with saddle noses, me & my beautiful Phil. We got it only after many many years of active wg, daily bleeding and huge crusting coming out of the nose. I didnt get the right treatment more then 3.5 years, which resulted in saddle nose. My sweetie had active wg, many flares, for many years. Anyway I think that we made it cute weggies with our noses
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.