Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ???? Don't know what going on with me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ???? Don't know what going on with me

I went and had my monthly bloodwork done a couple of weeks ago and all my numbers are good, but I keep getting so hot that I start sweating then I am cold. I don't think its the flu since I am not nauses. I have been very depressed but I think I am getting through it,just wondering if that could be causing me to be so ill. I am now down to 99 lbs and having headaches. Wondering now if wegeners has gone to the brain or am I just going nuts !!! But i also think something would show up in my bloodwork. Going to Cleveland the 3rd of Oct,so I will see what she thinks. Just wondering if anyone else gets really sweaty but has good numbers
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know how old you are...could it be hot flashes? I also have noticed that I tend to have more trouble since my diagnosis in 2012 with maintaining a comfortable body temperature. Often am too hot, and I find myself dripping sweat when others seem to be ok. Then later I may be chilled because my clothes are damp.

Am currently in remission and doing well, with good numbers.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Tressie, No, I've been there ..done that. I just turned 60 so I know thats not it. I have been in remission for over 4 years so I hope it not creeping back

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debbie,sorry you are having a tough time right now.You are an old hand at this disease,and have a top-notch GPA doc.It is very unlikely that you have GPA activity in your brain.You are not going nuts.Life can be very stressful at times.Having GPA ,and getting older has not done anything good for my mental health.Not judging myself,or others,and keeping a lid on my ego has helped.And trying not to blow my lid,but once a year.Depression certainty can make you feel bad,in all kinds of ways. My body temp normally runs 97.5,and I do sweat more than most.Several people have told me that my body heat makes them uncomfortable.Probably,means nothing.Your weight 99lbs maybe a concern.A little on the lean side.I am lean, and like it.I hope you get to feeling better soon.Just be yourself.Take care,Keith.
    "You can tame anything,except the human tongue"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
    I went and had my monthly bloodwork done a couple of weeks ago and all my numbers are good, but I keep getting so hot that I start sweating then I am cold. I don't think its the flu since I am not nauses. I have been very depressed but I think I am getting through it,just wondering if that could be causing me to be so ill. I am now down to 99 lbs and having headaches. Wondering now if wegeners has gone to the brain or am I just going nuts !!! But i also think something would show up in my bloodwork. Going to Cleveland the 3rd of Oct,so I will see what she thinks. Just wondering if anyone else gets really sweaty but has good numbers

Are you on prednisone or anything else that might make you sweat? I think pred does that. I think it can make you anxious and depressed too. I def sweat more than I used to but I'm 49 too so it could be hormones. I have not had my numbers checked since the beginning of August when diagnosed. They are going to check markers oct 5 tho. Am looking forward to finding out where they stand.

Hope you get to the bottom of this! Deep breathing, peaceful thoughts, exercise and prayer could help depression but if that doesn't work see Dr. about meds too. It's a difficult road we are on. Sometimes meds are needed for diff symptoms.
    Gab
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Gab, yea I am on 5 mg of pred ( but have been for almost 5 years ) so you think I would be used to it. I ate ALOT of carbs this weekend ( which I avoid doing ) and I gained a few pounds. I was prescribed Zoloft and paxil for depression but I am one of those people that can't tolerate meds so my pharmacist is getting me a natural anti depressant. I think also this time of year makes me "sad" I hate the winter coming and the time change and I want to move sooo bad. I will be fine ,I really need to get back into doing yoga. Hope all is well with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

St John's Wart is a natural anti-depressant. I usually stay far away from natural stuff that is unstudied and unproven, but there's plenty of credible research on St John's Wart and it does have some positive affects on depression. Look it up and come to your own conclusion, but be sure and touch base with your doctor.

I have lots and lots of problems with hot flashes and night sweats, but I have something to blame it on -- testosterone. Because I don't have a pituitary, I can't produce my own testosterone, so I have to use injectable, gel, or patches. I have an apt next week to see if I'm a good candidate for pellets. Anyway, take a look at your hormones.

99 lbs! OMG! But there is a wonderful solution -- ice cream and peanut butter! Go for it! I wish I could stay away from ice cream.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's the carbs that you aren't used to? Or even the natural anti-depressant if you already started that. Fall is my favorite season.... I love the cooler air, then the fun of Halloween, Christmas, my birthday, Valentine's Day and then we are practically back to Spring. 😜 I live in NH and we get our fair share of cold and snow. Maybe Bundle up and go for a walk on a sunny day. ☀️

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vdub did I hear someone say ice cream?! 😊 My fav!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You did hear ice cream! Halloween is especially bad for me. Its hard to resist the bite-size candy sales.

I was just coming in from my shop (working on the MG) and noticing that it is getting cooler -- fall seems to be on its way. Geoff was noticing that the trees are beginning to turn. I agree that fall is a great time of year. After labor, when the kids go back to school, is the best time to visit our national parks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast