Quote Originally Posted by im so blessed View Post
This is a great thread ! So from what these post say,being on higher doses of pred and having rituxan at the same time would probably be the easiest to then get an infection. Being that both B and T cells are depleted? One allowing you to get the virus, the other allowing it to settle into an infection? maybe thats too simple. I came on here today because this is exactly where im at and i was looking for this answer. I am on 20 mg of pred(coming down from 40) and i had rituxan 2 and 4 weeks ago. I have a virus that my children have. Stuffy nose n cough. So how long do i wait to see if my body fights it? or do i need to be right on it with dr?
Watch for a temp - they don't always treat viruses with antibiotics but u have to be vigilant and let doc know if sx cont. Hydrate and eat healthy

Lke Gab mentioned I believe you still have T cells. Not sure how long after doses of Rituxin before our B cells are depleted - I thought I read somewhere it could take a few months but I am not certain and with everything - we all respond a bit differently it seems.