Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gab122 View Post
    I just realized something. If B cells are continually killed off with ritux when they start to return, are we in a constant state of immunesuppression? I kind of thought the immunosuppression was going to be temporary? No?

Maxd and middlesista - I read both that B cells come back at 4 months and I read 6 months. ??? I guess it's not exact. MGH informed me that I'm to have my 3rd ritux infusion in mid Dec. (3.5 mos after 2nd)

Also I was wondering... (Because I read and heard that B cells have memory) that if you wipe them out long enough they may forget all together about attacking (via GPA.)

But that makes me wonder, will they forget how to fight all the colds and vaccines I previously had? I had chicken pox as a kid (and shingles as an adult) will my body forget it's immune to chicken pox?

Max d, I was told that the reason there are multiple rounds of ritux (1 week or 2 weeks apart) is because there are B cells that "hide" in the lymph nodes the first go-round and so the next infusion gets them

Great thread!!
    Some great thoughts and questions Gab! I also thought the B cell suppresion was of a shorter duration but it seems to vary and I never knew about the shy B cells hiding in the lymph nodes - sneaky devils. I am also interested to learn about the B cell memory and how they play a role?
    Last edited by Middlesista; 09-03-2016 at 10:58 AM.