Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foot agony, related or no?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See my prior post (8/17/16) for background. When I went to my new rheumatologist, she did a complete reevaluation of my situation and ordered multiple x-rays, bone scan and lots of blood tests. Pain in feet ... Recent x-rays showed osteoarthritis (degenerative arthritis) in the big toes and mid foot. There is also significant hip osteoarthritis on both sides along with degenerative disk disease and degenerative arthritis in my low back. It appears that none of this is related to the granulomatosis with polyangiitis. Her take on the situation was that many people like to blame Wegeners for all their problems (I do). In my case this comes from 78 years of wear and tear. I hate to hear that because I am not ready to slow down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darl-p View Post
    See my prior post (8/17/16) for background. When I went to my new rheumatologist, she did a complete reevaluation of my situation and ordered multiple x-rays, bone scan and lots of blood tests. Pain in feet ... Recent x-rays showed osteoarthritis (degenerative arthritis) in the big toes and mid foot. There is also significant hip osteoarthritis on both sides along with degenerative disk disease and degenerative arthritis in my low back. It appears that none of this is related to the granulomatosis with polyangiitis. Her take on the situation was that many people like to blame Wegeners for all their problems (I do). In my case this comes from 78 years of wear and tear. I hate to hear that because I am not ready to slow down.
    I hear ya!! Just turned 70. Thanks to pred, I have a bit of osteopenia. I take 1200 mg of calcium daily to keep the bone density I have.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12