Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foot agony, related or no?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Foot agony, related or no?

I've been ignoring a pain that just keeps getting worse and worse. I cannot ignore it any longer.
    Simultaneous severe foot pain. Both feet. All day. I cannot walk normal. I can't stand when I get up, either in the morning or after I've been sitting for any length of time.
    I know I'm severely overweight. 10 lbs heavier than my heaviest weight on prednisone. I want to walk to start losing weight but ... Its sooooo painful!!!!!!
    I figured at first that it was plantar fasciitis but its been both feet from the moment it started (around the time alllllll the crap started).
    But now its soooo bad.
    My mind keeps telling me its related to WG but ... I've been doing SO good with all my symptoms since RTX. So that makes me think its not.
    However, plantar fasciitis is immune related too. Inflammation blah blah blah.
    I'm about to call Kaiser to see if I can see my regular doctor tomorrow since I'm off. But, as with everything, I like to bounce it off my experts first.
    Hope you are all well. I'm off to get caught up on y'all!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    I've been ignoring a pain that just keeps getting worse and worse. I cannot ignore it any longer.
    Simultaneous severe foot pain. Both feet. All day. I cannot walk normal. I can't stand when I get up, either in the morning or after I've been sitting for any length of time.
    I know I'm severely overweight. 10 lbs heavier than my heaviest weight on prednisone. I want to walk to start losing weight but ... Its sooooo painful!!!!!!
    I figured at first that it was plantar fasciitis but its been both feet from the moment it started (around the time alllllll the crap started).
    But now its soooo bad.
    My mind keeps telling me its related to WG but ... I've been doing SO good with all my symptoms since RTX. So that makes me think its not.
    However, plantar fasciitis is immune related too. Inflammation blah blah blah.
    I'm about to call Kaiser to see if I can see my regular doctor tomorrow since I'm off. But, as with everything, I like to bounce it off my experts first.
    Hope you are all well. I'm off to get caught up on y'all!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Before they finally figured out I had Wegs I was misdiagnosed with plantar fasciitis and treat unsuccessfully too for several months. All that pain and symptoms went away when I was finally diagnosed with Wegs and given the correct treatment. It is possible you might have something other than Wegs causing the foot pain but Wegs could certainly cause it or at least it did for me.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's certainly related.

I don't have any foot pain when sitting or laying down but as soon as I want to stand up I hobble around for a few minutes.

I don't believe that it is plantar fasciitis but it could be peripheral neuropathy or neuroma/nerve pain.
    A lot of diabetics get this type of pain.
    The higher doses of pred seem to get rid of it.

It also could be possible that you have a stress facture in your foot or feet.
    Definitely speak to your doctor about it so that they can do some scans.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki,

As for exercise, do you have a place where you can swim or do water aerobics? You can swim, can't you? It's a lot less impactful and a great full body workout.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Nikki, sorry for your pains. I had that kind of pain at the onset of my wg. what helped me was silicon peds in my shoes. walked only with them. pred also helped.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently I have been having foot pain both on the top of the foot as well as sharp tingling on the sole. Several weeks ago it got so bad that I self-medicated with a large dose of prednisone until the pain subsided for several days and then tapered off. I will be going into see a new rheumatologist and will address this with her. In the meantime it would be of interest to hear what you find. Keep us updated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Hi Nikki, sorry for your pains. I had that kind of pain at the onset of my wg. what helped me was silicon peds in my shoes. walked only with them. pred also helped.
    I do too

Last week I purchased some new sneakers and they have memory foam insoles. These are glorious shoes, like walking on clouds
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had foot pain from the beginning and thought it was all due to the WGs. I have know found out that I have also been dx'd with small fiber neuropathy, in my hands and feet. The neurologist thinks that it developed because of the WGs. So it could be a type of neuropathy and you would have to be tested for them. Wishing you all the best in getting it to calm down.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our daughter had terrible foot pain at diagnosis. It turned out she had neuropathy from WG. She did physical therapy and it got tolerable, although her feet haven't ever gotten back to original. Right after diagnosis I think she was on Gabapenten or Neurontin for the pain, but weaned off as soon as possible. I continue to worry your care needs to be a little more aggressive, Nicole. :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the problems I've had (and, Nikki is too young for this) is separating out wegs pain with normal old age pain. I'm 65 now, so some old age issues are creeping into my life. I like to blame them on wegs, but that is often wrong -- rather, it is just normal stuff I'd be dealing with or without wegs. I've come to the conclusion that my paralyzed diaphragm was the result of either a surfing accident years ago or my thyroid surgery 2 years ago. Either could be the culprit, but very unlikely that wegs played any part of it.

I used to have planatar fascitis caused by running day in and day out. It was pretty bad pain (both feet) when I first got out of bed each morning and pretty bad pain when I first got up from sitting for a while. I knew the obvious cure would be to simply stop running, but I didn't want to do that. The doc ordered me some high tech, special made for me, $200 shoe inserts and they worked great. I have since quit running so I don't use them 24/7 anymore, but if I'm going to do a lot of walking, say at a mall, or short hike, then I slip them in my shoes. They have worked magic. I don't think the one size fits all type inserts you get at the drug store or supermarket would be nearly as effective.

See a foot doctor and get his take on it. Personally, I don't think its wegs related from what you described. I hope your foot pain can be diagnosed as some other cause than wegs. Preferably something that can be treated. I sure hope its not neuropathy caused by wegs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast