Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting off Preds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes sense. It sounds like all that's needed is an immunosuppressant, which would probably take care of your ankle pain. Joint pain occurs in a large number of Weggies with active disease, but you're right-- as long as you don't have stronger indications of systemic disease (or pain involving more joints) there's no reason to pull out the big guns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, I agree. I am on day two of 9 mg of prednisone and I am crabby. Also a little more stuffy. I am going to keep a close eye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

goes to show they still dont understand much abt how to suppress our immune system yet. am down to 15 mg of preds and having hand and wrist pain, interrupted sleep, but not as irritable and starting to get hungry, wasnt before. how different we all are! the ENT did an audiogram and my hearing is back to normal from last year before diagnosis, tho i still have some hearing probs and he said its due to the fluctuating preds in my system. ?? i had a 40db loss a yr ago. the diabetes is still jumping around but not as high levels. and my INR is stabilizing finally. waht a road we are on... are we always going to be systemically challenges? oy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jan, even thou you feel fine it clearly shows an inflamation, which is silently wrecking havoc in your body, immunosupressant and pred should get rid of that. I just wouldn't want you to get so bad that you have to go on a high dose and longer period later when a short and moderate drug treatment might be enough to put you into a remission now. Talk it over with your doc whether it is worth to start a treatment now.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am being treated. Currently my doctor has me on a tolerance dose of mtx, and I will go back next week to see whether I can increase. If not, imuran or cellcept would be next for me. I'm just not be treated with prednisone because my doctor doesn't believe that my inflammation is progressing so rapidly that this kind of response is called for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope this is my pic sent, still trying to figure it out.AttachedFile.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no pic, just a note of attachment
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you drew a paper clip, Rose-- no pic!

In a beautiful, quiet trailerpark, surburban Vancouver, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jola, Germaine sent me a couple of names and numbers yesterday. Stupid I forgot to ask if I could share them with you. I am having a bad time right now, stupid nerve in my back, iscya (?), bladderproblem, flareup since about 2 months. I want to go home!! (And I do not mean Sweden, I guess I mean be like I was before WG found me Will ask her today and then call you. Have a good day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Moyan, I wish I could help you. I hope the increased meds will start working. Big hugs to you, dear.

Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast