Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting off Preds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Rose one day at a time. You will slowly get off prednisone...it may take awhile.
    yeah, I know. the cellcept is making my head feel woozy now, dont like that. but the good news is that my stomach isnt much bothered by the increase. and started having spasms in my back, dont know what is causing that. heat is helping it. i know, one day at a time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Cozzette View Post
    well typical i guess. keep on them as you feel you need to, ask questions until they get used to the fact that you expect answers. they always assume you are a typical pt. and dont want to know. of course as yu well know, thereis nothing typical abt us weggies!
    I know that i caught out my chest consultant. He was talking about my condition and he was surprised how much i knew...especially when i asked what my PR3 was. And when i told him i wanted a referral to Addenbrooks he said no problem just need to find out the name of a consultant. I said i already know who i want and this is his name, he was so shocked! He paused to take in what i had said. So funny

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    I know that i caught out my chest consultant. He was talking about my condition and he was surprised how much i knew...especially when i asked what my PR3 was. And when i told him i wanted a referral to Addenbrooks he said no problem just need to find out the name of a consultant. I said i already know who i want and this is his name, he was so shocked! He paused to take in what i had said. So funny
    good for you! keep it up...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done Rose i think been a weggie makes us more determined keep up the good work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    See what happens when you are a member of this forum......... knowledge is king...or queen........freaky or wot!!
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed some docs don't like the fact we are knowledgeable....had a experience with one other doc recently.....he cut me off because I think I knew more than him...hee, hee, hee!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good one Elephant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job, Freaky. I admire how much you've learned in such a short time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice one Sam, hope you get the attention and treatment you deserve! See you there one day?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I noticed some docs don't like the fact we are knowledgeable....had a experience with one other doc recently.....he cut me off because I think I knew more than him...hee, hee, hee!
    ooweemama, I love that we are not defeated not only by this illness but not by the medical staff either. everybody together now-hut hut hut... who knows, we may very influential in changing how pts. are treated from now on. after all, we didnt get this for no reason, we are to teach others.

Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast