Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Suddenly joint pain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Suddenly joint pain

I woke up with considerable joint pain today. It's where my right leg connects to my hip. I haven't had any joint pain prior to this. First infusion was a week ago. Figured I'd staved off that symptom with early dx and treatment. Shd symptoms be popping up?
    Gab.
    Update: Just walking around 5 min seems to have slightly diminished pain. I imagine when I take my prednisone it will help too. (Waiting as I Just took my Prilosec.) Am more concerned that new symptom popped up than about the actual level of pain.
    2nd update. Ok. Weird. Pain is gone and I haven't had pred yet. ?? Just slept on it wrong?
    Last edited by Gab122; 08-15-2016 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Gab122,
    Sorry I cant specifically answer your question, everyone seems to be different, however I can relate to the joint pain. For some time prior to diagnosis I had the most excruciating joint pain imaginable. Once I had sat down of an evening, it would take minutes to be able to stand up and then walk. I could literally feel every joint in my body as it moved, even every finger and toe joint. It became unbearable in the end.
    I found that walking, very slowly, during the day would relieve the pain. Once I was on the prednisolone it slowly went away. I didn't realise how long I had been putting up with it. (about 2 years) To be pain free was amazing! Ha, now I just want to get off the drugs.....Hope you soon work out your new normal.
    Lucky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The joint pain, like you have just broken something, is so bad. One of my first symptoms.
    Felt like being hit by a bus and then wham, it's gone.

It seems to be part and parcel with WG/GPA. Some get it, some don't but pred certainly helps to keep it away.

I hope your joint pain, was just because you slept wrong. Keeping my fingers crossed that you have no more issues
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Michelle said, joints pains can be part of the wg deal and one of the symptoms. For me it also comes first and reduced by my old friend pred.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My most common residual symptoms of Wegs are roving joint pain, nasal bleeding and extreme fatigue. These things appear when my Wegs becomes a a bit more active or an infection causes them to increase but then they decrease again as I move back into a better drug induced remission.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gab122 View Post
    I woke up with considerable joint pain today. It's where my right leg connects to my hip. I haven't had any joint pain prior to this. First infusion was a week ago. Figured I'd staved off that symptom with early dx and treatment. Shd symptoms be popping up?
    Gab.
    Update: Just walking around 5 min seems to have slightly diminished pain. I imagine when I take my prednisone it will help too. (Waiting as I Just took my Prilosec.) Am more concerned that new symptom popped up than about the actual level of pain.
    2nd update. Ok. Weird. Pain is gone and I haven't had pred yet. ?? Just slept on it wrong?
    I have a similar problem with my left hip joint. If I sit too long and in the wrong position, I get a shooting pain down the side and front of my thigh. By stretching and flexing the leg, I can get the pain to go away. X-rays show nothing. Chiropractor hasn't been able to resolve it. It's disconcerting, but not debilitating. None of my docs think it's a wegs symptom. I feel great otherwise.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Like Michelle said, joints pains can be part of the wg deal and one of the symptoms. For me it also comes first and reduced by my old friend pred.
    Yea, that is why I'm on it again too Alysia. I am on my way to a 5mg taper. Should be another 10 days on 7.5, and then down again. Amazingly, joint pain went away with the pred. (-8 Wish there was another drug that worked better... <sigh>
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"