Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newbie question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Newbie question

Hi All, I started 60 mg pred daily on 8/2/16 and had my first ritux inf on 8/8/16. I'm wondering what precautions I Shd take regarding illness exposure? I imagine I don't walk around with a mask on but beyond that what Shd I avoid ? Thk you! ~ Gab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just be careful and think about what you are doing and always keep "careful" in the back of your head. If you do that, which is what I do, you should be OK.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wash hands/hand sanitizer - door knobs, hand rails, handling money, other folks hands that you don't know where they have been, supermarket carts, etc. and anythng questionable. I carry hand sanitizer wth me so can use before eating wherever I might be. Keep your hands away from your face and do stay away from obviously sick folks that are coughing and hacking.

Mindful caution.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Middlesista, LOL - I did all of that prior to GPA and immune suppression! I'm a bit of a germaphobe. I was wondering if my excessive hand sanitizing might have played a part in this auto-immune problem.... Some say there is a link between hand-sanitizing and food allergies.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the same as you ladies. I was a germaphobe prior to diagnosis and probably more so now.

I do not touch anything, door knobs, toilet buttons, light switches, train doors, traffic light buttons etc.
    I wear long sleeves all of the time (yes, even on hot days), and I use pull my sleeves down over my hands, when anything needs touching.
    I also wear a scarf when out in public or on public transport, planes etc, so that I can cover my mouth and nose with it when required.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't done anything special. I am more aware of areas I touch that might be particularly dirty, like the seat rails of a chair where you (and everyone else) grab the seat to pull it up to the table, but, otherwise, I live life pretty normally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    I haven't done anything special. I am more aware of areas I touch that might be particularly dirty, like the seat rails of a chair where you (and everyone else) grab the seat to pull it up to the table, but, otherwise, I live life pretty normally.
    Yep, I use sleeves over my hands for this too
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gab122 View Post
    Thanks Middlesista, LOL - I did all of that prior to GPA and immune suppression! I'm a bit of a germaphobe.
    You will do perfectly fine then!! No training necessary! LOL!!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"