Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flair but normal SED/CRP?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Flair but normal SED/CRP?

Has anyone ever had a flair when their SED rate and C Reactive Protein were normal range? Thanks in advance. Lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaD1 View Post
    Has anyone ever had a flair when their SED rate and C Reactive Protein were normal range? Thanks in advance. Lisa
    i have had inflammation symptoms that preceded my lab results but then the labs usually confirmed things a few days later or else the symptoms abated.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    i have had inflammation symptoms that preceded my lab results but then the labs usually confirmed things a few days later or else the symptoms abated.
    Thanks for the response - following up with another Anca panel to be on safe side (in case that indicates anything which may or may not happen).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaD1 View Post
    Thanks for the response - following up with another Anca panel to be on safe side (in case that indicates anything which may or may not happen).
    ANCAs are often the least reliable indicator. Another CRP and ESR are better indicators if there is inflammation going on. If so then the ANCA might help sort out why along with CBC since infections can also cause Wegs to increase our residual symptoms but never forget we can also have other events going on besides Wegs. Like our departed guru Jack often said, "just because you have Wegs, doesn't mean you can't have some thing else too"
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lisa, I had at least 2 flares with normal CRP and ESR. Also WG smoldering without indications in labs. Only Pr3 positive. My wg dr. Always says to look at the whole picture: not only labs but mostly symptoms.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny - I have the opposite. My CRP is creeping up but no real consistent symptoms. CANCA which was positive initially and then turned negative back in Feb is still negative. Had lab work repeated- increased prednisone a bit (was thrilled to be down to 5mg) and will have labs repeated again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Hi Lisa, I had at least 2 flares with normal CRP and ESR. Also WG smoldering without indications in labs. Only Pr3 positive. My wg dr. Always says to look at the whole picture: not only labs but mostly symptoms.
    interesting because I usually only have pr3 positive too. Had the anca/pr3 test today - we'll see if it reveals anything. CBC etc. good except for small white cell elevation due to prednisone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    ANCAs are often the least reliable indicator. Another CRP and ESR are better indicators if there is inflammation going on. If so then the ANCA might help sort out why along with CBC since infections can also cause Wegs to increase our residual symptoms but never forget we can also have other events going on besides Wegs. Like our departed guru Jack often said, "just because you have Wegs, doesn't mean you can't have some thing else too"
    all true I had Cbc, urine, chem, sed and esr already and now the anca panel just for curiosity's sake if nothing else

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was never P or C Anca positive. I think relying on PR3, CRP, Sed rate and especially Creatinine is imperative. Right now my PR3 and CRP are a little high but I am not going back on Prednisone, unless absolutely necessary. I will put up with some discomfort. My WG was in lungs only so far.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not an expert, but I thought ANCA was only a diagnostic indicator, not a tool for monitoring disease activity. My docs have never run it again since the initial positive C-ANCA and PR3 several years ago. My normal labs to check for disease status are ESR, CRP, CBC and CMP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast