Thread: Me too - New GPA diagnosis. High Anca titer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gab - diagnosed in November 2015 but as I mentioned this probably began 3 years ago with hearing loss and vision loss occurred in October of last year.

I read you are going to MGH on Wednesday (tomorrow) - I am heading in to MGH today - we miss each other by one day! I hope all is going as well as it can be - take care.
    Last edited by Middlesista; 08-16-2016 at 11:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We Shd plan infusions together if the time tables coordinate. I'm thinking of asking to get infused with a bit of sweet, sexy and smart... Along with my retux when I go back for 2nd inf on 8/25. LOL. Wouldn't that be nice?! I am getting it done at MGH dr. Niles office even tho I'm an MGH rheumatology pt. technically. That's who had space for me to get in right away last time. It's nice there- spa like - what's the infusion center like at MGH rheum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gab122 View Post
    I'm thinking of asking to get infused with a bit of sweet, sexy and smart... Along with my retux when I go back for 2nd inf on 8/25. LOL. Wouldn't that be nice?!
    I tried that already, that is one of the listed side-effects of RTX--you know the treatment consent for you sign. (-8 --"...no other add-ons, neither expressed or implied..." I was going for smart, funny and healthy, but alas...

Thanks for the smile today Gab! I needed that!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gabrielle - my main RA is out of Lahey so had infusions out of there. I see RA from MGH as second opinion and because MGH is listed as vasculitis speciality center. I want to make sure both RAs are on "same page" as far as rx. Lahey was were I was diagnosed

Right Mike - hope for side effect from RTX for all = HEALTHY!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mike - glad I could help! 😊
    @ Michelle - do you find lahey and MGH generally agree on treatment plans? I found out at my first infusion that MGH nephrology does "2nd round" 4 months after first and that MGH rheum does "2nd round" 6 months after first. Gonna discuss that at appt tomorrow. Find out pros and cons.
    What do most dr's recommend for "2nd Round" of infusions? Then I heard there are the 4 infusions one week apart plans...
    I want to be somewhat aggressive in knocking this disease down....