Moyan, yes all docs can prescribe pred and are very familiar with pred (including its side effects/risks). You'll likely have to be the one who keeps count of how much you're on and for how long. All of us should keep a list of our drug histories including dosages, though.

Though I didn't have a clue about Wegs or treatment, etc... when I began on this road, I did have my training in diagnosis, diagnostic techniques (eg CT), etc.... It has served me well. It's why I try to help on here a lot. But yeah, if I didn't have it, I'd envy someone who did.

Jan-- steroids for strep? Good grief! You must have been horrified. I bet your husband gave him an earful, knowing what casual prescription of pred has done to you. Last year there was a newspaper article about how many people in the US are immune-compromised. I don't remember the number, but it was surprising how many were on pred for one thing or another. Even though I'm saddened by the damage pred did for you at "safe" dosages, I'm sure glad you're on here to inform people about it.