Likes Likes:  20
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver, BC, Canada?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Along with the physical, the mental sluggishness and forgetfulness has been a big reason why I haven't been able to work all this time. I know I seem "together" on this forum--thank goodness you can't tell how long it takes to write a post or how many times I edit it-- but in real life I'm mentally mushy. No way to take care of patients in that state.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have my iPhone with me all the time and jot down everything i have to do, as it is I have missed 3 of my meetings in the last few months. It is good they all understand and I live only 25 minutes away from most of them and could still go to the meeting although a bit late. sheesh
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the mental sluggishnesh. For easter weekend I thought it would be a nice idea write up riddles for the kids to find their easter treats. I did up 10 riddles, we had 3 teams of 2 on each.
    The first clue would lead to the next clue an so on, I had a really hard time of putting the clues in the right locations, I kept putting the clue with the answer locations as opposed to the location before it. My brother inlaw ended up putting all the clues out because I just could not get my brain to work that way. I was a sorce of entertainment for the rest because I would look so perplexed, but it was actually quite scary. I think they were scared that they would have as much trouble as I was having. My dad is in Extended Care in the hospital, he has alzheimers and dimentia so we are all a little worried about our chances of inheriting it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy don't be so hard on yourself. I forget stuff everyday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy, your mental sluggishness and difficulty with cognitive tasks is totally normal with pred. I can only imagine how much the threat of Alzheimer's lingers in the back of your mind. If you're really concerned, just go and get tested. I thought I had something wrong at the end of 2008 and went to JHU's Memory Center. I saw the head doc and he said it was pred. (I'd been off it for about 2 yrs but knew it was still affecting me physically and mentally) It put my mind at rest to do the testing and hear that I was okay.

Chronic depression--even mild-- can cause also cause it because the brain chemicals are depleted. I think I mentioned that already, but I don't remember. Ironically.

In a beautiful, quiet trailerpark, surburban Vancouver, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to play a lot of computerbridge after retirement, but with a predhead I don\t want to expose partners to that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy, I used to make up "treasure hunts" for my childrens birthday parties. I even tried them at work(day care). I found them very hard to set-up. I had to go through the course a few times to make sure the clues were in the right order. It would take me 1/2 hr to set-up and the children 2 minutes to solve it, but they loved them. This was well before pred. (if I remember correctly one of the 1st times I did a treasure hunt I had to tell them where it was because I had it so messed up.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know of a person in Vancouver. I've emailed with his parents. I will try to follow up with them and see if I can give out their information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be nice to have a support group close to home
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)