Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitamines in IV or injection ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vitamines in IV or injection ??

Hi. I wonder how many of you are doing lately....
    Did any one try to get vitamines through IV or Injection ? Is it allowed for us ? Is it risky for the kidneys ? Is it really working ?
    I can't bear vitamins in pills. Neither iron. Mine is too low and my nutrition is very poor, can't eat veggies & fruits and many other foods as well. Wg smoldering in the colon is an agony. At least it keeps my figure
    Thank you all for being here ♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing fine Alysia! LOL...so, no vitamins for you in pill form. I believe there are liquid forms of vitamins. Don't always have to take an injection. My docs never cared one way or the other about my vitamin intake...1 C, 1 multiple for many years. I've always taken them cuz when I was working, my long & irregular hours caused me to eat irregularly too. If your nutrition is poor, vitamins help but only a bit...you still need the roughage & natural compounds of food. I hope your colon does better soon...keep at it girl!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Doing fine Alysia! LOL...so, no vitamins for you in pill form. I believe there are liquid forms of vitamins. Don't always have to take an injection. My docs never cared one way or the other about my vitamin intake...1 C, 1 multiple for many years. I've always taken them cuz when I was working, my long & irregular hours caused me to eat irregularly too. If your nutrition is poor, vitamins help but only a bit...you still need the roughage & natural compounds of food. I hope your colon does better soon...keep at it girl!
    Thanks Don. I love you ♡ I am glad that you are doing ok.
    Its not just the pills that I cant bear, also vitamins in liquids. (Except for vitamin D which is ok in liquid form). I need to bypass the GI system.
    Maybe I should up my pred again....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Thanks Don. I love you ♡ I am glad that you are doing ok.
    Its not just the pills that I cant bear, also vitamins in liquids. (Except for vitamin D which is ok in liquid form). I need to bypass the GI system.
    Maybe I should up my pred again....
    How much pred are you currently on?

I can't have vitamins at all because they affect my liver. I can have some vegetables but cant have any fruit.

Stupid bodies, don't ya just love them
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    How much pred are you currently on?

I can't have vitamins at all because they affect my liver. I can have some vegetables but cant have any fruit.

Stupid bodies, don't ya just love them
    5mg pred here today. Not sure about tomorow....
    So how do you get Vitamin C, B and others ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    5mg pred here today. Not sure about tomorow....
    So how do you get Vitamin C, B and others ?
    I thought you put your pred up to 10mg

I guess I don't. I definitely can't have citrus so that nearly rules out Vitamin C.
    I just hope I get enough in the vegetables, salad and egg that I eat.

A lot of our breads and milks etc, have added vitamins
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Michelle. Sounds like you have enough sources for vitamins.

I cant eat veggies and no processed good. I emailed my GP about vitamins in IV Or injection. Waiting for his answer....

Meantime... you all sure remember Debra (from Bora Bora), she sent me an intetersting info to share here, with her caring to the friends. Look at the symptoms of vitamin C deficiency, some sounds similar to wg.... 10 Warning Signs of Vitamin C Deficiency & How To Fix It
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Deb

Gosh vitamin C deficiency sounds like WG or the results of our meds.
    No wonder it's so hard to get a proper diagnosis.

Alysia, did you put your pred up a little bit?
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering if putting a dose of liquid vitamins in a glass of water would be beneficial...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just wondering if putting a dose of liquid vitamins in a glass of water would be beneficial...
    Thanks for the though Pete. I need to bypass the GI system which cant bear it.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast