Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lab frequency

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initially blood drawn every 2 weeks- was able to get down to once a month and prn with any symptoms. My veins are paying the price. It is esp important to stay on top of renal function with urine tests and BUN and Creat testing. It seems that it depends on your sx, meds and medical team. Never hesitate to request lab work if you are concerned and have sx - plus with the meds we take it is vital to stay on top of things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like others have said, if you are recently diagnosed I would get blood work weekly. Now that I have wegs under control (for the most part) I get blood work once a month. If I ever start not feeling well I contact my doctor and will get blood work earlier than scheduled to see what my numbers are. It depends on how you are feeling and where you are in the diagnosis and treatment, but with your kidney involvement (glad to hear it's improved some) I'd probably get blood work sooner than the month and a half you're currently waiting. The kidneys aren't something to mess around with... it's important to make sure blood work is done regularly to monitor your kidneys.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah View Post
    Like others have said, if you are recently diagnosed I would get blood work weekly. Now that I have wegs under control (for the most part) I get blood work once a month. If I ever start not feeling well I contact my doctor and will get blood work earlier than scheduled to see what my numbers are. It depends on how you are feeling and where you are in the diagnosis and treatment, but with your kidney involvement (glad to hear it's improved some) I'd probably get blood work sooner than the month and a half you're currently waiting. The kidneys aren't something to mess around with... it's important to make sure blood work is done regularly to monitor your kidneys.
    And a routine urinalysis helps monitor kidneys. Blood in urine was my first clue of Wegs.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! I can't believe I left that out. I also use a urine test strip once a week to stay on top of things and check my urine between my routine urinalysis done at the doctor's office. The strips are inexpensive and can be purchased at any drug store or Amazon.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely depends on the severity and particular features of your disease. (I have "non-severe" gpa, meaning no vital organ involvement. I had monthly labs for over two years. now I am down to every three months and in drug remission.) this is a question that your doctor needs to answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12