Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Yoga and WG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yoga and WG

Does anyone here practice yoga? I have participated in a local yoga class a few times. I must say, I am not great at it. Then, of course, after class I want to go straight to bed from pure exhaustion. Normally, I feel great the next day. There are many articles about how beneficial yoga is for your health, which is why I started going. It's worth a try, right? I'm just wondering if anyone has found it beneficial long term.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alicia, I did yoga for about 6 mos. while in drugged remission. Felt great once I found my feet! LOL I'm fairly good sized & many of the exercises were difficult, but I always felt better afterwards. Tho I don't do it anymore, I still stretch full body at least 3 times a week. Keeps the blood flowing! Best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alicia,

I have been practicing Yoga for the last 10+ years. I stopped practicing when my ear infections started in 2013, resumed several months later when I was put on prednisone - and stopped again when the dosage went below 10mg. Then, after about 6 months I started regular exercise and Yoga. As long as you don't overdo it, and assuming you're not undergoing prednisone withdrawal, you should be fine. It is a good idea in any case to rest and relax for a few hours after a session. If it's too exhausting, you could do shorter sessions more frequently.

Happy stretching!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alicia, I love doing yoga. I used to go down to the park where they had classes but it was always around dinner time and then they raised the rates. So I have several dvd's with yoga, pilates and Tai Chi. I found them very beneficial with my breathing,since I have lung involvement and also shedding some weight. That may be the better way for you to go,since you can go at your own pace and change things up.. Good luck...Namaste !!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !