Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Medical Travel For Vasculitis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Medical Travel For Vasculitis

I haven't been on this site for a while. I've been very busy taking care of Wegener's so it doesn't take care of me.

I have been off work since February 2015 to now on disability and now I'm in a clinical trial for Abatacept (Orencia) for those of you are not aware of this as a prednisone replacement. I'm required to travel from my city London, Ontario, Canada to Toronto, Ontario via Grey Hound. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this on this forum because I never had to travel for treatment. This is a GoFundMe account for help travelling. Can anybody please help?

https://www.gofund.me/2fqxqxw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. If I remember correctly, my beautiful Phil told me that the health services paid for his medical travels: gas, hotels etc. He lived in Saskatchewan.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked about being compensated from day one. They said they only help patients pay for parking. Because I'm taking a bus, that doesn't count.

Just recently I heard about Phil. Sorry to hear. He was the first person I got information from on how to deal with Wegener's, what doctors to go to, etc. I was so shocked when I came back and read the posts I had to leave the forum for a while. I actually came in to ask him a question only to find out I never can again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwyck View Post
    I asked about being compensated from day one. They said they only help patients pay for parking. Because I'm taking a bus, that doesn't count.

Just recently I heard about Phil. Sorry to hear. He was the first person I got information from on how to deal with Wegener's, what doctors to go to, etc. I was so shocked when I came back and read the posts I had to leave the forum for a while. I actually came in to ask him a question only to find out I never can again.
    Thank you for remembering my beautiful Phil.
    I remember for sure that Phil got back payments for the hotels, parking etc. Maybe it is a matter of province ?? Or of disability ?
    Do you want to tell us what did you want to ask Phil ? Maybe I will remember something that he told me or maybe other friend will have some answer.... if and when you will feel like asking... anyway Good Luck in your trip.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.