Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My turn to Flare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My turn to Flare

Well it's my turn to have a flare. My last Rituximab or prednisone was April 2015 and I started a flare last weekend. Met with DR Merkel on Monday and started 60mg prednisone daily and infusion of Rituximab scheduled for this Friday. Staring with 4 weekly infusions and follow up from there.
    Last edited by blu4runner; 07-21-2016 at 02:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you will make it thru this ok! How were you 100% sure that you were flaring?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started with the joint pain and inflammation then upper respiratory symptoms Purpura appeared and biopsy done and labs show increase in CRP Sed Rate and my B cells are back in full force.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear of the flare. At least you're set up for Rituximab without a long wait or fight.
    Hope all goes well.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you caught it early enough so that things don't get too far sideways. Get well quickly!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you and your doc are on this flare quickly - be well and get well. You will get this in control blue4runner!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blu4runner View Post
    Well it's my turn to have a flare. My last Rituximab or prednisone was April 2015 and I started a flare last weekend. Met with DR Merkel on Monday and started 60mg prednisone daily and infusion of Rituximab scheduled for this Friday. Staring with 4 weekly infusions and follow up from there.
    So you have been off the RTX for more than a year Victor? I didn't know we weggies could ever get off of it. There's eally no protocol at the FDA for when to stop using it, therefore, I thought all folks were like me and staying on it as long as it is working to keep chemically based remission.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was part of the clinical trial Last rituximab and prednisone 15 months ago. Now we have a baseline and will treat from that just have to start up with the 4 weekly infusions to get back on the right track.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You gave it a red hot kicking Victor, I'm sorry that you are now flaring.

Thankfully you have an awesome doctor on your side and he is on to it straight away.

Best of wishes for a trouble free infusion so that you can kick it's butt again
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear you are flaring! But I'm glad you and Dr. Merkel are on top of things to help prevent things from getting worse. I hope this round of rituxan helps, and you're feeling better soon!
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast