Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My turn to Flare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard a lot of good things about Dr. Merkel and I live in Canada. I'm sure you're in good hands. My question is about Rituximab. What are the side effects compared to the old cyclophosphamide way of doing things? I'm in the clinical trial for Abatacept but if I flare out of control I was told that Rituximab would be where I go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although there are many listed possible side effects for rituximab, the most common are allergic reactions during the infusion and mild fatigue. The allergic reactions are usually well-managed by the treatment team. Fatigue generally lasts 24-48 hours and is generally mild enough to not interfere with normal activities. I've had six infusions, and the only side effect I've had is mild fatigue that lasts about a day.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the flare Victor. My wg dr. Says that I must get rtx every 6 months. Few months ago I was late and got it 6 weeks later and started to flare. Please update us. Sending prayers ☆
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been very fortunate and have little effect from the infusions. 1 down and 3 more to go and we will be back in remission soon I hope. Thanks for all the support!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I glad that you got one down without any issues. I am wishing you all the best with the next three and that it puts you back in remission soon. Please keep us up on things and take good care of yourself.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor, sorry to hear about the flare, but we are learning more and more about managing this thing, and I'm sure you will get back on track with no problem! I'm glad you have a great doc like Dr. Merkel. Looking forward to hearing that things are improving as planned.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12