Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Surgery again lucky me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Surgery again lucky me!

I am not on here to much. I do check in to see how everyone is doing. I hope everyone is doing better than I am. I had my second month surgery yesterday and come to find out that my WG already caused me teeth problems. Well now I saw an O.S and my jaw bone was coming through my gums. the Dr went in and found out that my jaw bone had broken in a few pieces. He stated that there wasn't enough oxygen or blood getting to the area so pieces were breaking off. I know have to do cheek implants in order to keep my jaw and teeth in place.right now I have 20 stitches in my mouth. It's better than the bone pieces coming through. Has anyone else have mouth issues with their WG?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing that serious, just some occasional sores in mouth. Plus an increase in dental problems resulting in broken teeth or teeth that just disintegrate. Just had another one capped yesterday.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DrZ! I wish that is the only problem I had in my mouth. I am not so lucky ha-ha. My teeth started breaking off also.my biggest problem is my gums started to die and when that happens you start loosing teeth. Which really stinks when I been in dentistry for over 20years. Are you still allow to work or did the Dr's tell you that you no longer can?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got tired of the breakage & general pain...got dentures rather than implants due to the cutting into the upper jaw line...don't want infections. Best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how many readers on here get dentures as they age due to dental issues from Wegs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DrZ! I am sure there are more than you think... I didn't have a choice due to my gums dying. It's no fun trust me.. I really feel for people who have to go through It.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dirty Don! I am having so much problems with mine. I have jaw problems and I have to have cheek implants in order to try and wear mine. My gums started to dye and I had periodontal surgery first. Then I was able to keep my teeth a little longer. No fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so sorry that you have such a terrible problems with your mouth and teeth. I have had my some issues with my gums and pain in my jaw bones, My teeth are falling a part. I am wishing you all the best with your surgeries. Please take care of yourself and keep us informed on your healing process.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not had anything that serious.
    During my initial flare many bones in my body became bent and twisted. This did get to my lower jaw and it unaligned with my upper. I also had serious lesions in my mouth and tongue. A medical team came in to take photos of my mouth for some medical journal (I had a hole straight through my tongue).

I still suffer from frequent mouth ulcers and jaw pain in the morning (probably due to my CPAP mask), but nothing compared to what you're going through!
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    Not had anything that serious.
    During my initial flare many bones in my body became bent and twisted. This did get to my lower jaw and it unaligned with my upper. I also had serious lesions in my mouth and tongue. A medical team came in to take photos of my mouth for some medical journal (I had a hole straight through my tongue).

I still suffer from frequent mouth ulcers and jaw pain in the morning (probably due to my CPAP mask), but nothing compared to what you're going through!
    Wow, that sounds like a horrible ordeal and far more serious than most side effects we get. Hope you recovered from it fairly well.