User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another foot fracture! ARRGH!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The repeated foot fractures really suck!! Hope this one heals quickly.
    Yea, me too! I am going to try to get the bone stimulator reset to use it on this fracture.
    Last edited by MikeG-2012; 07-06-2016 at 10:32 PM.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried orthotics or special shoes to help prevent fractures?
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike ..so sorry to hear you are going thru this AGAIN . But you are a tuff dude and you will get thru this too. Think back on all your sinus issues and how you taught the drs a new trick. When I get really down I just always think that there are a lot of people worse off then me and that I could be in worse shape. Heck you have a tric..let your wife drive and you be the b**** on the back !!!! Take care and watch your step
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang in there Mike... you are a tough guy.. sending many prayers ♡

FB_IMG_1467299479396.jpg
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike, I'm sorry about your continuing setbacks, and I'm glad you took the opportunity to vent! That's one of the things we are here for.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Have you tried orthotics or special shoes to help prevent fractures?
    I do have orthotics, and wear them in shoes that I can fit them in. This time, I think it was a piece of furniture that did me in. Not really sure though. I've moved so much <ahem> STUFF lately that I could't tell you really when and where it happened. Maybe fully steel shoes are in order? (-8
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
    Mike ..so sorry to hear you are going thru this AGAIN . But you are a tuff dude and you will get thru this too. Think back on all your sinus issues and how you taught the drs a new trick. When I get really down I just always think that there are a lot of people worse off then me and that I could be in worse shape. Heck you have a tric..let your wife drive and you be the b**** on the back !!!! Take care and watch your step
    Yes, but my toughness is slowly waning after this past three years. Yes, there are people worse off than me, I agree, and that gives me a little hope.

The Mrs can't even lean the 850# monster off the side stand, so riding on the back is NOT an option. Did get a good laugh at that one though.
    MikeG-2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Mike, I'm sorry about your continuing setbacks, and I'm glad you took the opportunity to vent! That's one of the things we are here for.
    Yea, once in a while, you have to spread your burdens around a little--especially to people who can really understand what is going on.
    MikeG-2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off to another great freaking motorcycle riding season! ARRGH!!!!!

When is this h - - - going to end?!?!? It's been four long years of fighting, and I'm not getting a break, which I really, really need!! I've had one setback after another for the past two and a half years, and I am starting to finally wear down!
    I hear ya! Very frustrating indeed! Really sucks... You'd think that bone breaks, flares, and such could at least happen in the down season. I'm going through the same thing -- missing an entire summer of not being able to do much. It has to be really frustrating to do little more than wipe the dust off your bike.

I took my pickup in for a wash the other day and, while waiting for it, met up with a guy who had virtually no feeling in his feet due to diabetes. He was 80. About all he could do was lightly shuffle around. He managed to get by, but I sure felt sorry for him. He said hand controls for his car were being installed the following week.
    Last edited by vdub; 07-06-2016 at 02:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Mike, I am sorry that you are dealing with yet another complication of this very unpredictable, ugly disease. It is very hard when everything feels and looks so bright and then wham, something else happens to set us back. I am wishing you all the best for healing quickly, so you can get on with your plans to enjoy the rest of the summer. When this gets all healed, just don't move anymore stuff for people, just say No! Take care of yourself!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast