Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouth issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mouth issues

I was wondering does anyone with WG have mouth problems? Most of my problems has to do with my face. Like others I also have the saddle nose and can't smell or taste. Recently I have issues with my upper jaw and the Dr's say it's related to the WG. I haven't heard anyone else talk about mouth and teeth issues. I am just curious if I am the only lucky one. It is no fun trust me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mouth sores are common with Wegs. I have them from time to time. I was encouraged to have regular dental check ups but already had that program since diabetes causes similar dental issues and mouth sores. Are you taking any meds to help prevent mouth sores? Eye problems and skin problems are often part of Wegs too.
    Last edited by drz; 06-22-2016 at 03:05 PM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DrZ! Thanks for answering me on the mouth issues. My WG does mess with my eye vision at times. Bright lights tend to hurt and I can't be on computer or watch TV for a long period of time. With having the saddle nose I tend to breathe through my mouth. That makes me a month breather also with all the meds my gums became irritated and ended up becoming loose . The gums ended up going over my teeth and I ended up having mouth surgery. The worse part is I am a licensed Dental hygentist and never had any problems with my mouth.now it's a issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had mouth issues 40 years ago when diagnosed with WG. I had sores in my mouth, loose teeth, and my tounge turned black. Once my general WG was brought under control with Cytoxin my mouth issues cleared up and I did very well for about 20 years until having a flare up. As drz has said, mouth issues are fairly common. This time things have not been as bad for my mouth and they have again improved as my general condition improves. I can appreciate how it would especially bother you being a Dental hygenist. What does it mean that the gums ended up going over your teeth? Has the surgery improved things for you do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My problem is my gums recede and expose new areas below the capped teeth. I wish I could make them grow up a bit. Dry mouth also contributes to dental decay and my dental problems increased a lot after Wegs appeared.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me2! Thxs for answering my question about mouth issue. You asked what I meant by my gums growing over top of my teeth. My WG is mostly in my face are and the Dr said I wasn't getting enough blood supply to my gums. The gums died and when they died they were floppy and they laid over my teeth. The dentist actually took an impression the four top teeth came out.He even tried periodontal treatment to help tighten the gums up for all the rest of the teeth. With my saddle nose I am a mouth breather which makes it worse. Between the dry mouth and med's made it more pronounced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear about your dental problems. Dry mouth is hard on our teeth. Have you ever tried the stuff to help keep them moist? I bought some stuff but it seemed like too much work to remember it every night. It is not like the nasal rinses where you notice the difference right away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I am sorry for your mouth issues. Sounds tough. I had gums bleeding at the beginning, at the same periods that I had nose bleeding. No more since rtx. Thanks God.
    Check this thread, maybe send pm to Titus who wrote it: http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...volvement.html
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DrZ! Being a registered Dental hygentist I have everything.whats sad is I never had problems with my teeth until the WG. Now I have most of my pain in my head.lol before you day it I know it's all in my head �� They had to do surgery on my mouth and Bone grafting (lot of fun"NOT). It's taking me longer to heal due to the immune system. Nothing like going to college and become a Dental hygentist and now mouth problems.believe it or not its embarrassing. Probably cause that's my career.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysa, you are lucky it stopped. It is no fun. I really believe it has to do with my mouth breathing and medication. With the saddle nose I can't breath through my nose. I am glad yours stop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast