Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's a project for you...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Here's a project for you...

Ok so I knew this great guy called Bruce. He ran wegenersgranulomatosis.net (later vasculitis-patient.com) which was essentially an encyclopedia of information for WG and other Vasculitis patients. Some of you may remember it.

I haven't heard from Bruce for a long time. Emails go unanswered and his website has been down for a fair while. I assume the worst. Anyhoo, I've resurrected his website under a different address. Whether this is temporary or permanent is yet to be determined.

This is where you lot come in. I need you to browse the website and tell me what you think. Is the information still relevant? Is it worthwhile keeping it active? Really no trouble at all to do that - just wondering what your opinion is. He worked for years on it collecting and collating and I'd hate to see it go to waste. I've re-purposed a web address for the purposes of this exercise.

If you have a few hours to spare go here and have a look: Vasculitis Patient Information

Let me know what you think...
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit overwhelming at first. Lots of good detailed info. Mostly up to date. But, I'd think most of us wouldn't read it from end to end. If you can maintain a link to it, it may be just enuff for those who want that kind of info. Very interesting.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes there's certainly a lot of stuff there and yes it is overwhelming It's re-designed from the old setup too. That was waaaaay less user-friendly.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Don. I think it looks too cluttered and not enough spacing between lines for easy reading and that makes it looks rather overwhelming and harder to read than it actually is. But lot of good info. If people start using using it a lot then the old info would be detected by many readers i think.
    Last edited by drz; 06-08-2016 at 11:44 AM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for being thoughtful, andrew.

Lots of info in this site. Not enough about rtx. Nothing about bactrim. And we are not there in the support section. It can be a good link to make it sticky.

Who is Bruce ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Thanks for being thoughtful, andrew.

Lots of info in this site. Not enough about rtx. Nothing about bactrim. And we are not there in the support section. It can be a good link to make it sticky.

Who is Bruce ?
    I'll see if I can edit the site. I'm not sure how it's set up yet. I might be able to space the lines better at least.

Bruce is another Weggie I met through the old forum before it became this one. We kept in touch via email. He was very busy with his site and other forums so didn't have time to participate in this one. If he's still around he'll be in his mid-80s but I suspect not.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Vasculitis Foundation have what is called the Bruce MacDonald Spirit Award, which is awarded to outstanding volunteers of the foundation.

I have sent them a message to see if they know what happened to Bruce.
    Hopefully they reply so that you will know, one way or another.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    The Vasculitis Foundation have what is called the Bruce MacDonald Spirit Award, which is awarded to outstanding volunteers of the foundation.

I have sent them a message to see if they know what happened to Bruce.
    Hopefully they reply so that you will know, one way or another.
    Thanks Michelle!
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really strange that it should just up and disappear. Even the domain is history and can be re-registered if you wanted.

If anyone did want to play with it, I know of a program that will download an entire site to their local system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    That's really strange that it should just up and disappear. Even the domain is history and can be re-registered if you wanted.

If anyone did want to play with it, I know of a program that will download an entire site to their local system.
    I didn't even think to check the domain. Might pick it up again. The site is actually on my server so I can hack away at it there
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast