Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A death in the Family

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A death in the Family

I haven't been on here, for over a week or so, as my Mother-in-Law passed away on 5/31/2016. She was very blessed to have passed on in her on home, in her own bed. There are not many people whom are blessed in that manner. My sister-in-law with hospice and a few others aided in the process. I tried to help with what ever I could at times, but it was very hard for me to be on the front lines. I was mainly there for my husband and his sisters.
    I have been married to my husband for 32 years and still was not real close to her. She was a very depressed person and for about the last 5 years had no will to live. I had a very hard time with that concept as she was only 75 years old. She ended up dying from, low sodium (which caused kidney failure),COPD, and then she filled up with fluid everywhere. She would not do what the doctors told her at all, for the last 6mos. That took her, a lot more quickly, then had to.
    I am glad she is no longer suffering and that she is resting in peace. I just kinda have a wish for the family that she would have cared more about doing things to make herself live longer. At the end she told us she wished she would have done things differently, but that she knew it was to late. I know depression is a horrible thing and I can only hope that I never have to see anyone give up like that again.
    If depression is an issue with any of you please get help, so that you don't ever give up.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Jana. I didn't quite want to "like" the post, because of all the sadness attached to it. You gave us more info here than on Facebook about what your MIL and all of you actually went through. Yes, depression is serious, I've had it mildly all my life, but not to that extent. Thanks for bringing it out into the open. It must have helped her state of mind a lot to be able to pass away at home in her bed, thanks to your sister and hospice. My thoughts are with you and the family.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw the obit on fb. Sad news. Hope you guys can remember her fondly as time passes...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Jana. I am sorry for your loss. So sad.
    Also the questions if she could have lived longer - are making it more aching. I believe It was God's will to take her at that specific timing. One day, when we will get to other side, we will know why God took our loved ones like he did.
    May she rest in peace. Sending hugs & prayers to you and your family. With love ♡♡♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jana, saw this on FB. So sorry for the loss the family is going through. Like you said at least she was able to go peacefully in her own bed at home. Depression is a hard thing to get out of, I still go through it everyday but don't want to become dependent on pills. I keep saying I can do it without them.

I hope you are doing better, when do you go back to CC ?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
    Jana, saw this on FB. So sorry for the loss the family is going through. Like you said at least she was able to go peacefully in her own bed at home. Depression is a hard thing to get out of, I still go through it everyday but don't want to become dependent on pills. I keep saying I can do it without them.

I hope you are doing better, when do you go back to CC ?
    Here for you, Deb, when & if you feel like..... ♡♡♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debbie, I just got a prescription for Zoloft yesterday, for depression and anxiety (generic name is sertraline). I have taken it in the past and it had no side effects for me, just sort of took the edge off and put me on a more even keel. Haven't picked up the pills yet.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother in law, Jaha, and thank you for your honest post about your feelings and also about depression.

Deb and Anne, and anyone else, I would hope that if your attacks went too far, then you would seek some extra assistance.
    Harder said than done, I know
    We are all here for everyone, going through good times or tough times
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Michelle. Mine aren't attacks as much as an underlying presence. But you are right to mention getting help if necessary. We'll see what the Zoloft does. I'm a little annoyed at doctors' offices and the way they operate right now, which doesn't help. This time, the staff more than the docs. They are trained to be so cut and dried about everything. With exceptions, of course.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Thanks, Michelle. Mine aren't attacks as much as an underlying presence. But you are right to mention getting help if necessary. We'll see what the Zoloft does. I'm a little annoyed at doctors' offices and the way they operate right now, which doesn't help. This time, the staff more than the docs. They are trained to be so cut and dried about everything. With exceptions, of course.
    Just a note for anyone who uses psych meds: some of them are contra indicated for us. Especially benzo diazepines for those who have respiratory problems. Can cause respiratory depression. Also can trigger a flare. Docs are not paying attention. So just check any med before you start taking it. Also check if it goes well with our dear friend pred.
    Anne, I googled zoloft and as far as I saw, it seems safe. Good luck. Here for you anytime. With love ♡♡♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast