Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
A little off subject.... Did I happen to mention that I became an official MediCare person about a week ago. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but there isn't anything I can do about it, so I guess I better like it. I know the doctors don't like it.
I found this transition to Medicare did affect my Health Care since some clinics don't like to work for pennies on the dollar and prefer the dimes on the dollar they got from other insurance companies. Mayo would not accept me for in-patient care years ago because I had just gone on Medicare for my primary insurance the week before and my BCBS became a secondary insurance coordinated with Medicare.

Finding doctors and clinics that accept Medicare low rates for full payment can be hard in some locales. Fortunately for me everyone does so far in our rural areas but I hear it can be tough in some bigger cities and on both coasts. Some will accept Medicare for partial payment but then expect you to pay the rest.

Going on Medicare did hit me hard though in getting diabetic supplies since almost all vendors dropped Medicare assignment after their last rate cut and I had to try at least three dozen vendors to find one that would accept their low rates of pennies on the dollar. I spent over 50 hours on the phone to do it. Only one pharmacy out of seven in town will accept Medicare assignment for my insulin.

Best wishes for better health soon.