I have had the privilege of being a member of this group for quite a while. I suffer less than almost all of you warriors although some of the lasting gifts of WG are still prevalent, Neuropathy being the worst. Most of my lung issues right now are probably due to COPD and I am dealing with that. My numbers on the Leukemia side have come down very well and I have found a program where the medications don't affect me too much. After sitting at home for over three years and doing only gardening things really, I have taken a job with a big box warehouse locally. Part time, three or four days a week to start with and see how the old body holds up. I am excited and scared. I do from time to time get terrible cramping in my hands so I fear that happening but will have to work through it.
This all came about when I had an issue with Social Security and I ended up speaking with a very nice lady in New York. I had previously been going through my folders and came upon a pamphlet titled "Working While Disabled". I read it twice and came to the conclusion that I/ we can work for nine months and make as much money as we want and still receive our benefits. This was concurred by New York. After nine months I/we can work for Seven Years and make up to $1130.00 a month. In the mean time if you reach your retirement age (66 for me) you automatically go off the Seven Year program and again can make as much money as you can and still receive your benefit.
So I start Thursday and hoping for the best, I probably won't be on here as much and will miss you, my friends. Here we go!! Another Adventure......
Dale