Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news from my Dr appointment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Good news from my Dr appointment

I had my quarterly DR appointment yesterday with Dr Merkel at UPenn. Seems all is well and I am still in remission. I had my last rituximab and prednisone in April 2015. Overall everything looks good and the dr was happy that I finally got serious about losing some weight. I have lost 35 ponds in the last 7 weeks its a good start but I have a long way to go.

To say Thank You to my Dr I had a local artist make a super hero painting for him. We used the Vasculitis Foundation symbol as the chest plate. He laughed and seemed happy with the artwork. To us he is our "super dr"

It is great when the Dr spends time with a patient and it's not all just about our health and the issues we face. We tend to quote movie lines back and for from "Animal House" or other movies from our era.

Overall this is just a post to say all is well and I hope each of you get relief from the symptoms we face. It's good to be able to share good news
    Merkel.jpg
    Last edited by blu4runner; 05-26-2016 at 11:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing the good news Victor. I would say that you are the super hero, but it is kind of you to give that pic to your dr.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dr means so much to me. When I first contacted his office in 2013 I was having a flare and my old dr had moved out of state and I was needing treatment. I emailed his assistant on a Friday afternoon and even though I was not his patient he called me on a Saturday evening and spent 1 hour on the phone with us. He agreed to see me on Monday (not his normal patient day) if I could get to Philadelphia which is 4 hours away. We made the trip and started my first rituximab treatment that Friday and he has been my dr since then. We feel blessed to have him caring for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is so wonderful and rare to have a dr. So devoted. Maybe we need to make a thread about those great docs. The saints among the others.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad you got such a good report. Having good doctors is so important. I hear about so many that rush patients. All mine take at LEAST a half hour with me, and many a full hour. They listen and never rush me. I certainly had some bozos before I assembled the ones I have now. awesome that you recognized your good doctor with a great picture. He will treasure it all his life. I have one particular doctor who also has an AMAZING staff. I periodically thank them for all they do. And I also send commendation notes to my doctor. I have had some doctors who were good....but their staff was so incompetent I could not continue with them. Again...congrats on the good results!!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blu4runner View Post
    My dr means so much to me. When I first contacted his office in 2013 I was having a flare and my old dr had moved out of state and I was needing treatment. I emailed his assistant on a Friday afternoon and even though I was not his patient he called me on a Saturday evening and spent 1 hour on the phone with us. He agreed to see me on Monday (not his normal patient day) if I could get to Philadelphia which is 4 hours away. We made the trip and started my first rituximab treatment that Friday and he has been my dr since then. We feel blessed to have him caring for me.
    I think it great that you have him and are able to receive his professional attention. I never met him but know my treating doctor consulted with him about my case and i found this reassuring. We are lucky to have some great doctors working in this area to help us try manage this challenging disease. And its nice to thank them from time to time especially when things start going better for us.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a great doc! So thoughtful of you to have that painting made - it is a fitting tribute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well, Victor! Dr. Merkel sounds like a wonderful doctor, and that picture is such a cool way to thank him!
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done, remission and weight loss, it doesn't get better than that, the painting is a brilliant idea, there are some great doctors out there, you have found a great doctor as well as a great friend..... all the best, keep up the great work.

Regards Woz...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..congrats on the update And the weight lose. Are you med free now or are you on a maintenance drug ? The painting was a very nice gesture, I'm sure he will treasure it. Maybe we should have him cloned !!! Continuned good health to you and good luck on losing more weight
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast