User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does saddle nose reconstruction surgery actually help with breathing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does saddle nose reconstruction surgery actually help with breathing?

I am getting it reconstructed next week and does anyone have experience with it improving your breathing through your nose? I struggle with this and wondered if it actually helped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scottgirl21 View Post
    I am getting it reconstructed next week and does anyone have experience with it improving your breathing through your nose? I struggle with this and wondered if it actually helped.
    I don't know the answer but I don't see why it wouldn't. I think saddle noses are not all the same and some people's breathing is affected more than others. I feel like I can breathe pretty well through my nose, but might be surprised by an improvement if my saddle nose was fixed. I think it's great that you are getting it reconstructed, and I look forward to hearing how it goes.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be having sinus surgery next Monday (23rd May) to help with my breathing.
    I don't have saddle nose, but I can't see why the surgery wouldn't help you too
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck at the surgery, Scottgirl & Michelle ♡♡♡ wishing you the best outcomes and easy recovery. Sending many prayers ♡♡♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Good luck at the surgery, Scottgirl & Michelle ♡♡♡ wishing you the best outcomes and easy recovery. Sending many prayers ♡♡♡
    Yes, Michelle, we've known about yours for a little while, and now it's going to happen! I hope it makes a huge difference in your breathing... we will be anxious to hear. Best of luck to you and Scottgirl both on successful surgeries, quick recoveries, and the best possible outcomes.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious to know how you are doing after the saddle nose surgery, scottgirl21, and you, too, Michelle, after your sinus surgery! I hope you are both recovered enough to be comfortable, and I'd love to know about the outcomes of both procedures!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Anne,
    Recovery for me has been slow. The nose didn't really hurt after the operation, it just feels clogged up and a little touchy as if someone has punched me in it.
    Nothing really different than a normal WG blocked nose.

I haven't got the sense of smell back yet, but I can breathe through one side. Still waiting for the crusting and healing to clear on the other side.
    The septum is now straight, my nose no longer looks crooked or has a bump in it, and the turbinates have been widened enough, they say.
    Just waiting on the healing process.

I'm really interested to hear how scottgirls nose operation went as well.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont go back yet to work, Michelle. Here you "sound" different then on facebook. I think that you need more rest. Will you be a good girl ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear about the slow recovery, Michelle. Do let us know how it progresses!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you ladies, I am fine, just impatient.

They did say that healing of the nose will take at least 2 weeks and then being immune compromised, it may take a little longer.

This morning I managed to dislodge a very large crust, and now I can breathe through both sides of my nose.
    They actually told me that crusting shouldn't really happen now, but I knew they would, especially since they wanted me t avoid anything with steam, for the first 2 weeks.
    It's now week 2.4 so hot steamy showers and hot cups of tea are definitely allowed, and helped to remove the crusts that had been there for 2 weeks.

You are correct Alysia, on here I can write things about crusting and everyone knows what I mean. On facebook, if you are not a weggie friend, then they would have no idea what I am talking about, so I don't mention stuff like that.

I am fine to go back to work next Tuesday. I have been doing a fair bit of work from home though because it is our tax time in Australia and being in accounts, it is my busiest time of year.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast