User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does saddle nose reconstruction surgery actually help with breathing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on breathing through both sides and on the steamy showers and hot tea! Let us know when you can smell things again.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Thank you ladies, I am fine, just impatient.

They did say that healing of the nose will take at least 2 weeks and then being immune compromised, it may take a little longer.

This morning I managed to dislodge a very large crust, and now I can breathe through both sides of my nose.
    They actually told me that crusting shouldn't really happen now, but I knew they would, especially since they wanted me t avoid anything with steam, for the first 2 weeks.
    It's now week 2.4 so hot steamy showers and hot cups of tea are definitely allowed, and helped to remove the crusts that had been there for 2 weeks.

You are correct Alysia, on here I can write things about crusting and everyone knows what I mean. On facebook, if you are not a weggie friend, then they would have no idea what I am talking about, so I don't mention stuff like that.

I am fine to go back to work next Tuesday. I have been doing a fair bit of work from home though because it is our tax time in Australia and being in accounts, it is my busiest time of year.
    Please be careful when you go back to work. Keep your spoons as much as possible.
    As for the crusting, keep an eye on them. I hope they are not bloody... ?
    The little joys of being a weggie among weggies, discussing your crusties.. ♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Please be careful when you go back to work. Keep your spoons as much as possible.
    As for the crusting, keep an eye on them. I hope they are not bloody... ?
    The little joys of being a weggie among weggies, discussing your crusties.. ♡

Thankfully, I have gone from blood noses nearly every day, to not having a blood nose in these past 2.5 weeks
    Thanks a very big plus
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also have the saddle nose and can't smell or taste anything. The Drs said if I have my nose reconstructed that they are not sure it would heal do to my immune system. I also wear glasses and people don't really notice my nose unless I show them. There response is I never even seen that with your glasses on. Like the other WG said children always notice my nose and asked questions. I have had 10 surgerys in 2 years. Does anyone have problems with there mouth? My WG just started in my upper jaw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a saddle nose and cannot smell but can taste fairly well, maybe not quite like before. But enough to get that satisfaction from food. Several years ago I was told about this book called Season to Taste by a woman who lost her senses of smell and taste in a bad auto accident. She had aspired to go into the restaurant business and was determined to overcome this. I haven't read it and don't know how she did it, but she got back her senses of smell and taste, it appears, at least to a significant degree, through her own perseverance in the face of people who told her it wouldn't happen. Here's the link to the book: https://www.amazon.com/Season-Taste-...arp_d_product_. The reviews were pretty good.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12