Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Flare!!! Yikes!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy bananas, Phil-- 100 mg is way too much to take on your own! Take what your doc said to take. 50 mg is a big dose and should keep the fire down enough until Monday. If it doesn't, you should go to the ER.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye. You're right. I will make sure that I see my Rheumy on Monday or Tuesday, I will demand it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called my Rheumy today and talked with the receptionist. I told her that the sinuses and joints were getting quite bad but are much better now that I have been on the Pred and Moxfloxacin since Wednesday. She said Pred can mask some of the symptoms and she would relay my message on to Dr. Markland - My Rheumy - and would call back by tomorrow morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay-- good receptionist. I'm glad you made that call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So am I.

I was wondering about a couple of other things.

First I am experiencing not only my dry typical sinuses but a very dry mouth and throat. I still have a homeopathic medicine called Schuessler Cell Salts - Natrum Mur. 6DH - I was wondering if you have ever heard of this. I tried it about 3 years ago for the same thing but it only helped a little. I then tried another product called Moi-Stir Dry Mouth Solution. It came in a spray bottle. The active ingredients are: Potassium Chloride, Dibasic Sodium Phosphate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, and Sodium Chloride. This one didn't help much either. Can you Sangye, or anyone else suggest anything else?

Secondly, I got some of my blood results back. My CRP is 22, Creatinine is 86, ESR is 35. I think those are the key ones. I think the ESR is high - does that not suggest inflamation? I forget what the other ones like CRP and Creatinine tell. I think the Creatinine has to do with kidney function. Please help me out on this one. I'm still waiting to hear back from my Rheumy.

Over and Out,
    Phil of the north

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, I think your creatinine is normal. Your other lab values are about the same as mine. I think that it means it's up, not sure. My Rheumy was not alarmed. I am like Jack, always have high ANCA's.....
    You will get your answer from your Rheumy hopefully soon. The only thing I can recommend is a humidifier for your dry throat. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Elephant. Do you recommend a cool mist one or a warm mist one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a personal preference and it also depends on your climate. If it's cold try the warm mist. Another thing is that you have to clean these often because they harbor mold/bacteria. As long as you read the instructions and care of the model you buy. It should help, if your skin is dry and lips chapped. Keep us posted ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, both your CRP and ESR/Sed Rate are high. The ESR measures more chronic inflammation and take awhile to return to normal once the inflammation is resolved. ESR takes longer to rise and longer to fall. CRP is a more sensitive indicator of acute inflammation and falls quickly when the inflammation is treated.

Neither one is specific for Wegs inflammation, of course, but if the increase is new, it might indicate a flare.

Creatinine is an indicator of kidney function. I think some countries use a different measurement. In the US the normal range is 0.8 - 1.4 mg/dL. I don't know if your 22 is in mg/dL.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast