UPDATE
I started this topic over 18 months ago to help any others that are needing to look into dialysis. I expected that I would be on dialysis within a few months and hoped for a kidney transplant within a year. It has become a kind of journal of my journey and has evolved from dialysis choices to transplant.
The good news is that, miraculously, my kidneys are still holding out at 14%. The bad news is that the transplant still hasn't happened and I'm running out of time.

I had a good enough tissue match with my dad, but when they physically mixed our blood, there was signs of rejection. I have many different antibodies due to the multiple blood transfusions I received when I was first diagnosed with Wegener's and on death's door. They have decided to repeat the tests to see if the reaction is less this time. I will find out the results about a week before Christmas, but it doesn't look too promising.

If the reaction is not too severe then there is a possibility of giving me plasmatheresis before the transplant and having me take a stronger dose of immunosuppressants after. The immunosuppressants have bad side effects and being severely immunosuppressed puts me at risk of fatal infections. So it's not an easy solution considering I'll need to take them for the life of the kidney.
My other option would be to have my donor swap with other donor/s, but there will still be a struggle to find someone compatable due to all my antibodies.

I may start a new thread titled "transplant" for any more updates considering I've strayed away from the original topic of "dialysis choices"

I received my first Christmas card of the year today, so I'll take this opportunity to be the first (at least I think I'm the first) to wish you all a very Merry Christmas with good health and cheer!