Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diet & suppliments

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also go to the CC but I see Dr. Carol Langford. He is in good hands there. Hope you are to get the infusion done soon as it usually takes a few months to actually kick in.

Dale...way to go !!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    By the way, had a major slip yesterday while shaving, no more goatee.
    Dale
    But, you look so much younger without it Dale!! ROFL! Been there, done that, MANY times. (-8
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The advice to check with your doctor is a great one. I do NOT have Wegs...but have inflamation that cuases me severe sinus issues and persistent asthma. I have had great luck with a grain free diet. Pretty much Paleo, but I do eat small amounts of dairy products. I thought going grain free would be just horrible...but I have learned how to cook that way and it has become much easier. If you decide to go that route, you can send me private messages or post questions here and I will be happy to help. It has turned out that I am particularly sensitive to wheat and rice. I have cheated once with cookies and accidently ate soup thickened witn rice starch. Both times I broke out with a fiery whole body rash and had a serious breathing downturn. all of this began in my 60s. Anyway ... I am happy to help with recipes and substitutes for flour etc. if you need ideas.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Diet & suppliments

I changed my diet - anti-inflammatory. It's very strict and most would not want to do it since it does take out some of life's greatest enjoyments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should research this site and consult a doctor before taking supplements
    https://www.opss.org/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying the anti inflammatory diet. To be quite honest with you all.. I was sick of basically eating bark and tuna. I decided to get an allergy test done. I sent in a few strands of hair & was tested for 800 common foods and allergies. It turns out that I am sensitive to preservatives, cocoa bean, pineapple, artichoke and a bunch of other things. So in a sense it?s made my life easier and harder. If anyone was interested I found a coupon for this testing on Groupon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes gunnyl, annekat, Alysia liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12