Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Teeth Sensitivity

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Teeth Sensitivity

Pretreatment I had excruciating teeth pain along with sinus pain as I know many of you have/had. All that pain has gone thank goodness since treatment however I now have really high sensitivity to hot or cold foods. I never used to be sensitive to this. Anyone found this and is there anything that can be done?

As an aside I have an interesting story to tell. I have been diagnosed with IBS some 20 years ago and had intolerance to garlic, onion lactose and many other foods like many IBS sufferers. Interestingly enough since being treated for WG I now don't have any or very little intolerance to these foods and haven't had an IBS (d) episode for quiet some time.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mark

The excruciating teeth pain was combined with the sinus infections at the beginning. I haven't had any teeth sensitivity to hot or cold food or drink though.

In regards to the IBS, the meds that we take are also the same that are used for Crohns, so it is probably feasible that you no longer have IBS due to WG treatment. This is a very good thing
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I guess thats one blessing in disguise of this sh*tty disease

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the teeth sensitivity, you may want to try Sensodyne toothpaste. It's helped me. Not perfect, but better.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear your ibs is better,that's a good point Michelle made about the medicine treating crohns that's why you are better in that way. What meds are you on ??

I was also going to say Sensodyne but also if you mention it to your dentist he can write a script for a stronger toothpaste for sensitivity,thats what I had to do....Good luck
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark76 View Post
    Pretreatment I had excruciating teeth pain along with sinus pain as I know many of you have/had. All that pain has gone thank goodness since treatment however I now have really high sensitivity to hot or cold foods. I never used to be sensitive to this. Anyone found this and is there anything that can be done?

As an aside I have an interesting story to tell. I have been diagnosed with IBS some 20 years ago and had intolerance to garlic, onion lactose and many other foods like many IBS sufferers. Interestingly enough since being treated for WG I now don't have any or very little intolerance to these foods and haven't had an IBS (d) episode for quiet some time.

I also had that sensitivity. I told my dentist and she put some stuff on the teeth every couple of months which prevent that feeling. no idea what stuff is it. I hope to remember to ask when I will go there again.
    as for IBS - I was mistakenly diagnosed with it when it was actually wg in the colon. the differential diagnosis was through calprotectin test. the wg treatment helps with my colon symptoms and when I flare - my colon reacts as well, like all the other "members" (joints, nose, eyes, etc.)
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.