Likes Likes:  0

Thread: White blood cells

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default White blood cells

I just received my blood results which is about 8 weeks after treatment. I have a slight crp increase from 3 to 11..is this anything to worry about? Interestingly enough my white blood cells have remained elevated even after 3 infusions of cytoxan and ritiximab with even an increase in my lymohocytes from previous blood result. Does this make sense or is treatment not working?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you feeling better? If so, the tx is probably working and the labs will follow at some point. If you're not feeling better (or feeling worse), a call to your doc is in order.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah feeling ok...apart from mucous in sinus and blocked ear but otherwise pretty good

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark, that's good news. Do you rinse your sinuses to clear out the excess mucous? That will help the sinuses and may also help clear the ear.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i do probably every 3rd or 4th day. I get temporary relief but then fills back up again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Granted that rinsing is no fun, but some folks need to rinse daily, and some do it several times daily to get the gunk out.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah not much seems to come out hence the in frequency yet i can can hear it...maybe i need to increase it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My white bloods cells kept increasing as well as the lymphocytes.
    It got to the stage that they sent my to Oncology with a diagnosis of leukemia.

I didn't have leukemia but an infection and inflammation from WG that was putting the blood results out of whack.

Possibly, with your nose still crusting, the inflammation and infections are still not under control, and will probably take a few more courses of CTX to get it down to the correct levels
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nose is no longer crusty...just a bit mucousy...crp only slightly elevated and wbc total has gone down slightly just that the lymphocytes have increased. Neutrophils stayed the same being slightly high but been told prednisone increases neutrophils. Pretty sure its not leukemia as total wbc count has gone down slightly. Maybe I just need to bide my time bit longer for the disease to come right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you are doing pretty well and the others are right that it needs a bit more time. As for sinus rinsing, I prefer to do it every day, but often flake out or forget. When I do it, I do it multiple times to increase the chances of loosening up what's in there and flushing it out. For me, it isn't a lot anymore. But if I put it off a few days, I will notice the feeling of fullness in there and will have to do extra rinses to loosen up the stuff. Some people use a Water Pik with nasal attachment, which gives you a lot more solution to work with at once instead of having to refill the plastic bottle so many times. I haven't tried it, but some also prefer the flow of solution to that of the squeeze bottle or neti pot.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011