User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be PERSISTENT when you are in the right!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When diagnosed with CML last September, the Doctor prescribed Gleevec as treatment. Went to get prescription filled and Co pay was $3,000.00 a month. Told the clerk that I guess its my time. Called the Doctor, he called hospital pharmacy, they called me, got a grant for me, no copay. Very happy for that.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I'll have to try, Dale, if I ever need RTX, or get CML or anything with drugs that expensive. I feel the drug prices are way over-inflated, too, for similar reasons as the doctors' bills, and the fact they are even willing or able to give grants to low income people implies that cost is offset by the high payments by those with good insurance or who can afford the copay.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was growing up most TV commercials were for beer, cigarettes, soft drinks, coffee and headache remedies. I still remember the ads and the jingles. Today, at least in the US, TV advertising has been taken over by the pharmaceutical companies. This is a profound shift in the nature of our economy and a dangerous one. While a consumer can be considered qualifed to decide if the wanted to drink Coca Cola or Pepsi or take Anacin or Excedrin for a headache even pick their brand of cigarette to imagine a consumer can tell their doctor what sort of blood thinner they want or how to treat their diabetes based on a TV ad campaign by a drug company using celebrity spokesman like Arnold Palmer is absurd yet I have no doubt patients are coming into doctors offices demanding they be given some drug based on nothing more than TV ads!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12