Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: is this a sinus flare op?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right not a question for the group but the 3 doctors only started talking to me today after the biopsy. Now they are saying its the worst wegeners sinus flare up they have ever seen. The antibiotics are only a precausin and the ritexaun and 60 mgs of predizone haven't been effective. Started another 500 mg of a steroid IV for 3 days .this is the 7th day in the Hospital.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by splummer View Post
    Your right not a question for the group but the 3 doctors only started talking to me today after the biopsy. Now they are saying its the worst wegeners sinus flare up they have ever seen. The antibiotics are only a precausin and the ritexaun and 60 mgs of predizone haven't been effective. Started another 500 mg of a steroid IV for 3 days .this is the 7th day in the Hospital.
    Sorry to hear the Weg dog is giving you trouble now. Hope you and your docs find a way to get it back under control. Best wishes for better health. No one wants an award for having the worst case so tell the docs it's their job to help you get better soon.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine was that bad too I would imagine. At one point, I was seeing him weekly for a cleaning and check-up. My ENT was surprised at the progress mine have made in the past few years. I contribute that success to he and I coming up with a regimen of meds and rinsing, and ME doing everything in my power to get the crusting under control. There were some days when I would rinse more than 10 liters of saline through my nose and sinuses!!!

Please make sure that they are culturing the bacteria in the sinuses and treating it with the proper antibiotic.

Sinus irrigating will be, and should be, a topic of conversation in your home for a while now, I think. Search the forum for WaterPik, nasal rinse, etc., and you will get a plethora of information
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After 3 trips to the EM, 9 days in the Hospital, 2 CT scans, a MRI, several Xrays and finally a biopsy the Doctors now say its the WEGENERS and no other infections. This site and all your comments sure helped us to know what to expect. She is feeling some/a lot better now and is having the second Ritexan treatment tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After 3 trips to the EM, 9 days in the Hospital, 2 CT scans, a MRI, several Xrays and finally a biopsy the Doctors now say its the WEGENERS and no other infections. This site and all your comments sure helped us to know what to expect. She is feeling some/a lot better now and is having the second Ritexan treatment tomorrow.
    Treatment generally helps once you have the correct diagnosis. Best wishes for quick improvement.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been about 2 weeks since the Hospital and final Ritixun treatment. I think her Wegeners is under control but says her nose is still swelled and hurts giving her head pain but at least tylonal helps now. Is it normal for the nose pain to continue this long or do we have another problem? The ENT Doc cleaned a lot of stuff out of the nose a week ago but she stopped doing the steroid rinse a few days back because she thought it made it hurt more?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the immortal words of our late friend Jack; just because you have wegs doesn't mean you can't have something else. Might want to have the ENT check her sinuses again just in case she's got another infection.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345