Thread: Got A Hernia (Groin)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Got A Hernia (Groin)

If not one thing it's another.
    Went to a mobile clinic. Said they want to do an ultra-sound. Then, if fixable, I'll get that procedure.
    Must've been from the gym - and I don't lift that much - but it must've been enough.
    My weekend job's when I feel it - standing as a checker. Don't think I'm going in tomorrow. Not worth it.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea , your right David, if its not one thing its another !! Hope you feel better. Make sure you have a good dr. if you have to have surgery, I've been told hernia surgery can be tricky. I have a hiatia (sp?) hernia but I am not doing anything with it.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debra C
    Does yours not hurt? You know about it, but it doesn't bother that much? Just wondered.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David ,mine isn't the same kind of hernia yours is. Mine is a hiatal hernia and is located more at the top of my stomach by my esophagus. I get more acid reflux and take protonix for it. Yours I believe is more from a strain since you said you got it from the gym.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    David ,mine isn't the same kind of hernia yours is. Mine is a hiatal hernia and is located more at the top of my stomach by my esophagus. I get more acid reflux and take protonix for it. Yours I believe is more from a strain since you said you got it from the gym.
    Deb, I have a hiatal hernia, too, it showed up on an xray, and no one acts like its a big deal. I guess they are fairly common. I also get some acid reflux from it, and I take otc ranitadine. It isn't too bad.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David, I had an inguinal (?) hernia and had to have it repaired. The danger in my case was that intestines could have been "caught " in the muscle break which could have been dangerous. The procedure to repair it was done in an outpatient setting, except my blood pressure crashed during the procedure and they kept me for a day and a half for observation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBEY32 View Post
    If not one thing it's another.
    Went to a mobile clinic. Said they want to do an ultra-sound. Then, if fixable, I'll get that procedure.
    Must've been from the gym - and I don't lift that much - but it must've been enough.
    My weekend job's when I feel it - standing as a checker. Don't think I'm going in tomorrow. Not worth it.

David
    Did you get your hernia repaired?

I had my surgery at end of January and it took about a month to heal up. During that time my foot broke and that will take a lot longer to heal.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drz
    Because I am working w/ a local ministry to get things related to the hernia taken care of I haven't had any procedure yet. On Tuesday the 5th I will go back to the ministry doc who will tell me about the ultrasound results and the next step. I pray it's fixable, as that will also be covered via this ministry. Tell me, if someone knows: Does one need to (from here-on-out) be extra careful lifting after the procedure? Not talking about the everyday precautions that ALL people should follow when lifting. In other words, can I "bring it back" (or another). Would hate if I could never go to the gym again. One of my loves. As it is, I don't lift all that much. What restrictions is one told from the doc/hospital? Wondering.- David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good question to ask the surgeon.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told after my surgery to limit any lifting to 40 lbs for 6 months and to 100 lbs thereafter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast