User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Folate, and an add on to a recent post...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Folate, and an add on to a recent post...

The thread was not on folate, but it came up, regarding hair loss. Folate being a b vitamin, along with most all b vitamins, are safe to take, even in excess, because b vitamins are peed out. Pee will be a nice shade of neon yellow.

Please keep in mind, not all vitamins are safe to take in excess! No! Vitamin A for example, can be toxic in high doses, and vitamin E, has to be taken in consideration to blood thinners, ect. Vitamin E effects blood clotting, and volume, these are not just peed out, so be careful... A general safe thing to remember, is b.s, are the safest and peed out, anc is also safe, but like anything, do you're research, especially because of the meds taken with it...

Be very careful of herbs, and study first... Natural doesn't mean safe, and have at it, fire is also natural, so be careful... Hope this can help someone... Debra...
    Last edited by vdub; 03-11-2016 at 07:32 AM.
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debra,I understand what you mean that taking vitamins in high doses can be harmful or toxic to us.Seems like I stopped taking super B complex because someone on the forum said it may stimulate the immune system,and cause us to have a flare.I have also tried some herbal supplements that did not sit well mentally.Maybe I am wrong.Are we that sensitive.Is a Twinkie natural;I have been craving one.My internet is out.This message is brought to you by Lowe's Home Improvement.Interesting thread.
    "You can tame anything,except the human tongue"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keith, Twinkies I love, not to nuts on the twenty year shelf life though! Amazing huh? Keith b vitamins are safe, excess is peed out, so doesn't build to toxicity... Really dig, that neon pee, as well! Keith, herbs are best left alone till you study them, because they can be dangerous, but so can anything, right? The question about the immune system and how sensitive we are, is an interesting one, because this is where I'm at in my studying... I'm God willing going to do another thread on this later, with what I believe and learned this far... Keith, always awesome seeing you! Oh, and eat the Twinkie! Gotta live to once in a while, right? Debra...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great thread Deb

My rheumy told me not to use a skin moisturizer that has added vitamin E. Something to do with heart issues and clotting, as the moisturizer soaks into the skin and directly into the very vessels that we have issues with. I have mentioned this before. I also mentioned in regards to drinking green tea if you are on Methotrexate.
    I also found out that I shouldn't eat green apples (which I love) when on MTX

Best to always double check the interactions list before taking this for a first tie.

Does anyone else have any tips that they can share in this thread?
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS