0 Thread(s)

Default Wegners and thyroid

Can wegners affect thyroid?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't say that it definitely can, but my left thyroid was 3x normal size and my right one was 2x normal. Both had a couple strange nodules on them as well. They had been that for "a while". Since I don't have a pituitary, the thyroid was of no use to me and was removed in 2013. They were sent to a lab, but I don't know if the lab looked for granulomas or just cancer. At any rate, they weren't a problem. I should also add, though, that I'm a downwinder, so that could have had an impact. I've never heard of wegs attacking the thyroid, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread appeared as "locked". It should be open now. Not sure how it got locked. vw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vdub, what does it mean, daily, to live without pituitary ? (If it is ok to ask)
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you rephrase the question? I don't see where "daily" was used.....

Edit: Nevermind... I'll PM you....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadow, hello... No one can of coarse say for sure, and this is only my personal opinion, i think it can effect anything... My thyroid was fine till I flared? Not sure that's how to word my case, but shortly there after, my thyroid was knocked way off, and started causing real issues, so much so, that a regular thyroid ultrasound was unbearable to me... I had many in the past, no issues whatsoever, and then couldn't even tolerate them. Real strange... Also nodules were found, and hadn't been there six months prior... Do you have issues with you're thyroid, Shadow? Anyway, good luck! Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My doctors tell me that Wegener's doesn't attack the thyroid, with that said 15 years after getting diagnosed with Wegener's my immune system had started attacking my thyroid. I got diagnosed with Grave's disease at that time, about a year ago which is also an autoimmune disorder.
    Dx'd December 2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark, have you're doctor check you for tpo antibodies against hashis, because graves is just the flip side of hashis. Hashimoto thyroiditis is what it means... When I hear a doctor so quick to rule out wegeners as a cause, my blood boils to a complete boil! First off, wegeners is autoimmune, this means Inflamation can occur any where at anytime and nothing is off limits. Ask youreself this question, how much research is on wegeners alone? I will go ahead and answer my own question, none or very little... Afterall its rare, right? Ya, ok... Makes me so mad... My opinion again, yes the thyroid is effected, mine certainly was! I can't be alone here... My thyroid, was perfectly fine, until this flare of wegs in 2012, my endo being one of the eight plus doctors i saw, and I could no longer even handle her touching my neck! Had to stop her ultrasound because she was killing me, yet I had been having them every six months prior, no problems... I looked at her and said whatever this is, and I know its bad, it now took my thyroid! I just didn't know then, just how bad things would get! Good luck Mark... Debra...
    Live,love,and laugh...