Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nutrition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Geoff,

The Sirt diet (googled it) is attractive to me. I eat many similar foods already. Red wine and chocolate in moderation could help keep me engaged. More study needed. Could also be a discussion topic when I see the dietician next month.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Luck Pete,

I have to say its the friendliest diet i have ever been on. I have never felt hungry doing it and the food is very tasty. Unlike you I have yet to start any sort of fitness regime but will get into that now the evenings are drawing out. I have to say also that apart from the weight lose I have noticed a considerable change in my "head" and state of mind. Before Xmas I was very irratable, snappy and foggy brain. The change has been alarming! for the good I hasten to add......

Debs a stone equals 14lb. Not sure if an English pound is the same as an American one tho!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sirt_a.jpg Gut_a.jpg

These are the 2 books Pete which I mentioned earlier. There is an additional recipe book to supplement the Sirt book if required.

I found Lee's book very interesting as you struggled to come to terms with her AI illness and then as a nutritionist how she came to terms with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Geoff! I'll take a look at them.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am shocked that Andrew forgot to mention the importance of beer in any diet... Shocked, I say!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A wealth of protein
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    I am shocked that Andrew forgot to mention the importance of beer in any diet... Shocked, I say!
    I too was surprised at this gross omission! Not to worry, however. I am enjoying beer and wine again now that mtx is out of my treatment regimen... :-)
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone does anyone know if when on all these meds if it would be good to detox with detox teas or herbal diet teas

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone does anyone know if when on all these meds if it would be good to detox with detox teas or herbal diet teas
    I wouldn't think so. Probably best to just taper off per your doctor's directions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the mainstream herbal teas are a fine way to get the liquids you need every day, that is the ones sold as beverages in the grocery stores. I'd be more leery of the ones for special purposes such as detox, allergies, sinus problems, etc., as they may have more unusual herbs in them that could interfere with your treatment plan. For example, echinacea boosts the immune system in its mission to fight infection, and we wouldn't want that, since we are trying to suppress our misbehaving immune systems. I would do some research online on any herbs you might take, and see if they are immune boosters, and if so, not use them.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast